Are you a creative visionary and inspirational leader with a track record of leading and building passionate teams and assortment? If so, then this Assortment Designer might be something for you! (similar to a Design Manager/Head of Design)
The H&M Head Office is based in Stockholm, Sweden, where we design and develop our fashion collections for a wide variety of customers. H&M is a dynamic international workplace where high pace and rapid changes are a natural part of our day. We want to make it possible for everyone to look, feel and do good and take pride in our history of making fashion accessible to everyone. Our ambition for tomorrow is to make fashion even more sustainable, inclusive, and welcoming to all. Good communication skills, a flexible attitude and capacity to adapt to changes are essential.
We welcome all mindsets and cultures with the belief that different perspectives will make us successful. Within our team we believe in progress by having a growth mindset and together we challenge our boundaries.
We are looking for an Assortment Designer to join the team!
We are creating a division for the Young customer where we can empower girls & boys to be who they are and express their personal style. Do you want to take the next step in your journey and be a big part of this exciting concept? Are you an experienced Assortment Designer or Head of Design & team player with an open mind and positive mindset?
This Young concept group is aimed at tween/ teen girls & boys from 8- 14 years old with a key focus on the mind of an 11-year-old. As an Assortment Designer you must continuously be at the forefront of this market segment and which influencers, what influences, role models, social media platforms & interests, that this customer is constantly exploring for fashion identity & style. Essentially you will come with a fashion forward vision, creativity and keen passion for the age group and their world! You will be part of a fast moving, dynamic environment and adaptable to change. Our customer is fashionable & on trend, playful and creative and moves in fast pace towards the next trends
As the Assortment Designer for our Young concept, you will be a leader in a brand new division, taking an essential role in setting the vision to create growth with the right fashion for the young customer. You act in line with our values and with a strong visionary & strategic mind-set. You set the creative direction while empowering and leading the teams in the creation of a global current & commercial fashion forward assortment that generates meaningful growth, profitability, and customer value. Able to set method, structure, and cross collaborate with design communication channels between divisions to secure a clear and inspiring total customer offer including full collection of all garment types and accessories. This key role requires strong leadership, work method skills and understanding of fully collaborative work processes.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- To be a visionary and creative leader
- Research, analyze, act on future trends. Set a clear, inspiring, and strategic creative direction, in line with the overall design strategy and long-term goals for the Young Division collection
- Acting on consumer shifts that will open business opportunities and strengthen the customer offer to build our growth and profitability
- Collaborate to set and drive the total Young Division design strategy
- Facilitate empowered creative and efficient design teams
- Cross-collaborate to secure a customer experience in line with set creative design goals
- Collaborate to realize the development of the design function for the H&M brand
- Collaborate to secure recruitment and succession for the Assortment design teams
- Strategic mid & long-term vision, with a focus on long term
- Create design driven customer value, meaningful growth, and profitability
As a person you are driven, creative, hands-on and self-motivated with a tenacity to take this exciting next step as Assortment Designer. You have a global, curious mindset and a genuine passion and true fashion vision for this customer You are well-organized, love to collaborate with different teams relying on your strong and clear communication skills.
In addition to this we also look for you with
- Degree in fashion design (BA or MA), or equivalent experience. 10+ years’ experience working with Fashion Design
- In depth knowledge of the fashion and/or retail industry and a strong sense of fashion vision, style & trends relevant to the target customer(s)
- Customer centric mindset with clear understanding of the target customer(s) and the relevant market segments
- Excellent ability to set a clear and strong visual direction to reach overall vision and business goals
- Ability to combine a creative and strategic perspective in all parts of the process
- Proven ability to build a current and commercial assortment together with clear understanding of commercial trends and styling
- Strong Inclusive leadership skills with the ability to influence and coach team members
- Well-developed and demonstrated communication, and collaboration skills
- A flexible and positive inspirational team player
- Excellent communication & presentations skills
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
Does this sound interesting?
If you feel your experience, skills and ambitions are right for this role, please upload your CV & Portfolio (max 10mb) in English by 12th May 2023 at the latest (interviews will be held continuously).
This is a full-time position working in the head office in Stockholm, Sweden starting 1st August 2023
H&M is committed to creating a Diverse & Inclusive environment and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, or age.
We look forward to hearing from you!