- New York City, New York (US)
- Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- 27 May 2023
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
We’re looking for a smart, enthusiastic entry-level Payables Accountant to join our growing Finance team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is eager to learn and has an incredible level of attention to detail. They will also possess strong communication skills and be comfortable working with critical data. The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker who enjoys working in a dynamic environment and collaborating with internal functional teams that maintain high levels of service with all vendor partners.
- Review, code and route vendor invoices for approval, flagging any discrepancies as they appear (for both US and UK entities).
- Set up new vendors and ensure that vendor payment information is accurate.
- Manage annual 1099-MISC form reporting and distribution.
- Communicate credit memo details with vendor or relationship manager, as appropriate.
- Keep vendor contact information and banking information up-to-date, and manage contact duplicates.
- Reconcile Bill.com transfers, payments and voids.
- Code company credit card transactions and reconcile card statements to company financials.
- Assist with urgent payment requests and escalate vendor inquiries as necessary.
- Distribute monthly credit card spend reporting to department managers.
- Prepare monthly cell-phone reimbursement payments for disbursement.
- Manage monthly rent payments for all locations.
- Assist employees with expense report submissions and timely, accurate reimbursement.
- Manage all administrative matters relating to global insurance contracts.
- Reconcile monthly prepayment schedules for US and UK.
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as needed.
- Work to improve business processes in an ongoing basis through automation, thoughtful analysis and researching best practices; make recommendations for process improvement as needed.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, gather data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to support the general Accounting & Finance department with first-rate client service, both internally (APPARATUS staff) and externally (APPARATUS vendor partners and clients).
- Detail-oriented, organized and thoughtful.
- Solutions-based thinker with a positive attitude, displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure to deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback.
- A self-starter who is proactive about troubleshooting or seeking assistance with challenging situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- One year of relevant professional experience preferred, but not required.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Excellent data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Strong proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel is a must
- Proficiency with Xero Accounting Software and bill.com billing software is preferred, but not required.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience operating with a consistently upbeat positive attitude in a highly collaborative environment.
- Full-time, in-person studio hours: Monday–Friday generally 9:00AM–5:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Weekly 1:1s.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position based in our Manhattan location. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert