The Pelham Diamond Division concentrates on improving our diamond expertise, high level customer service and strengthening of our internal processes. Tiffany diamonds are sourced with care and consideration. From the moment diamonds are unearthed as rough stones and throughout their journey to polished gemstones, we believe the diamond sector can contribute positive value to the communities it operates within. As a leader in diamond traceability, we don't just adhere to industry standards-we lead by example. Over the past 15 years, we have implemented strategy that gives us a strong chain-of-custody process for our diamonds, in part because we have direct oversight of our diamond cutting and polishing workshops.
The Operations Associate of Diamond Production is responsible for the physical movement and systematic transactions required for the input and throughput of diamonds within Diamond Division. This supports the coordination and processing of stone movement to meet demand requirementsResponsibilities:
- Perform the detailed systematic receipt of diamonds using the J.D. Edwards system according to established procedures.
- Perform Laurelton Polished Reclass, Reclass reversals, Redo process for qualified diamonds. Complete the systematic transfer of ownership from in-process to Tiffany owned merchandise. Physically categorize and organize in serial number sequence in preparation for loose inventory work order supply.
- Provide subject matter guidance on JDE in-process transitions to support timely processing and error resolution.
- Partner with management to ensure target ranges are filtered into the process appropriately to meet demand requirements and support Diamond Division initiatives.
Diamond Technology & Testing
- Prepare shipment of stones to Merchandise Testing Laboratory (MTL) in accordance with company policy. Ensure test results & all associated documentation is properly kept in accordance with record retention guidelines
- Support processing for all qualifying diamonds into Grading Lab complete evaluation for standard proportions according to TGL procedures utilizing Sarine technology. Maintain the accuracy and integrity of Sarine output while controlling the upload of data into JDE.
- As requested, support Laser Inscription process through the operation of laser equipment. Maintain the accuracy of laser inscription.
- Manage special projects according to established procedure. If applicable, ensure shipments are organized, timely and accurate.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through the identification of process improvements and communicate suggestions to management.
- As requested, assist with various projects and tasks associated with Diamond Division initiatives.
- Adhere to all Diamond Division and Tiffany & Co. workplace policies and procedures. Ensure that all safety measures and guidelines are followed.
- Ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate College Degree
- Experience with J.D Edwards
- Knowledge of Diamond Industry
- Experience handling melee stones (sorting, weighing and picking)
The hiring range for this position ranges from $19.98 - $23.50 per hour. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.