Senior Accountant, Fixed Assets
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Burberry plc, a global multi-billion-pound luxury fashion business, is seeking to hire a Fixed Asset Accountant within Burberry Business Services organisation based in Leeds, United Kingdom. In addition to the relevant technical accounting expertise, the position requires a strong manager of process and projects. The successful candidate will actively participate in the development of the team, service levelling, standardisation and process improvements and helping transition work into BBS.The role will be responsible for supporting Finance/FP&A and collaborate with, but not limited to, Retail Ops, HR/R&R/Payroll and Burberry Business Services to maximize transparency of information between the functions.
• Working with the Senior Manager, expected to have ownership of Fixed Assets processes/controls and delivery for the Fixed Assets and Leases Centre of Excellence team
• Responsible and accountable for the end to end solution and performance of an integrated set of accounting processes
• The job holder is expected to help support run an effective and sustainable Fixed assets and Leases team which has the capacity to deliver the agreed services now and in the future
• Managing the various internal and external stakeholders and accompanying change management programmes to oversee successful delivery
• Responsible for all Fixed Assets processes within BBS for EMEIA and Americas, driving efficiencies and process improvements
• Responsible for elevating the service delivery to the business and as a point of escalation for all of the business on Fixed Assets
• Serve as the key business contact for Fixed Assets within BBS for Group/Regional finance/RTR.
• Managing Capex cashflow reporting including cashflow preparation and forecasting
• Support RTR in preparing and delivers specific audit requirements (both internal and external)
• Responds to ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
• Ensuring compliance with Group policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting
• Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
• Ensure there is the necessary clarity across the team about roles, goals, timescales and standards and that work is carried out to expected standards
• Ensures that Group finance, Finance Business Partners, Operations and BBS business goals and performance objectives are reflected and achieved in the process improvement projects and operations of the end to end process
• Continuous improvement
• Sets future process and service direction and alignment to BBS customer and business strategies in the Centre of Excellence sub function
• Apply understanding of assigned business process to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
• Work closely with other process owners and team leads to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
• Proactively seeks feedback from Group Finance, Finance Business partners and operations specialists as week as the delivery team, and uses this to inform future delivery of services
• Works with other Burberry Group functions to leverage potential upgrades or consolidate shared systems and processes
Qualifications and Experience
• Professional accounting qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
• Relevant accounting experience. Experience in application of IFRS/UK GAAP is required. Experience of BPC, an advantage. Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus. Worked within a multicurrency environment.
• Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus.
• Excellent technical skills including solid understanding with a background in Fixed asset accounting
• Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to those reporting to them, rather than rely on their own technical skill set.
• Requires proven leadership skills in managing teams. Can provide examples of effective leadership and getting the best out of people, including during demanding or unsettling periods of change.
• Has track record and appetite for delivering continuous improvement. Able to generate commitment to change amongst own team.
• Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
• Uses a variety of techniques to influence a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across a range of operational issues. Able to establish personal credibility at all levels.
• Builds effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
• Proactively asks for and acts on personal feedback, developing a high level of self-awareness.
• Can operate both at the tactical and, where required, detailed level. Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment
• Displays an affinity for technology's ability to drive efficiencies and enhance service delivery
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert