Retail Merchandiser - Mens
- New York, United States
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
The Moncler Retail Merchandiser - Mens manages all the activities related to the buying for DOS, and define actions to drive seasonal Sales and Sell- through results. The position is a point of reference for cross departments activities, and collaborates strongly with Planning & Allocation, Visual Merchandising and Training department, ensuring collection messages are well delivered, and product opportunities are taken. Performs product analyses, weekly and monthly sales reports, provide product feedback to HQ, and monitor competition.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to set merchandising/buying strategies in collaboration with the Management
- Attend overseas buying trips for placing orders of the designated product categories
- Buying according to the planned mix, addressing market opportunities while maintaining brand consistency across collections, markets, and channels of distribution
- Weekly and Monthly reports to management, analyzing sales and sharing insights
- Monitor sales performance and implement business analysis to help attain seasonal ST% objectives
- Sales reports including week's sales by category versus last year, sell thru, sell-out, best sellers, and slow movers' analysis
- Weekly comments about business with the goal to define actions to support the business
- In collaboration to the Allocation Team: monitor inventory to ensure appropriate levels of stock of designated product categories are maintained, control, suggest and support stock consolidations
- Strong collaboration with visual merchandising to ensure image requirements are met and balanced with commercial opportunities
- Collaboration with product training department to enhance product knowledge
- Developing strong relationship with the stores
- Collecting feedback from the market, to be shared with HQ, giving inputs for the future collections
- University Degree (Business Administration, Fashion Merchandising or Retail Management preferred)
- At least 5/6 years of relevant experience in Women's Ready-To-Wear, (retail merchandising & buying roles) for a fast-paced luxury player
- Proven proficient use of Microsoft Excel (Index match, Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, etc..) and other MS office programs (Power Point)
- Passionate and driven nature with a good energy level, result-oriented, hands-on approach
- Analytical with good numeric sense, details-oriented and good execution skills
- Strong relational skills and team working attitude
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City, Moncler Group includes a reasonable estimate of the salary rate range for this role. This takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $90,00.00 per year to $115,000.00 per year.
Moncler was born in 1952 in Monestier-de-Clermont - a small village in the French Alps, with a focus on technical clothing for the mountain. Now an Italian luxury brand, Moncler forms part of the Moncler Group alongside Stone Island, which was acquired in 2021. United by the “beyond fashion, beyond luxury” philosophy, these two Italian brands aim to interpret the evolving cultural codes of the new generations.
Remo Ruffini, Moncler Group Chairman and CEO, took over the company in 2003, when the Moncler brand underwent a process of repositioning and elevation, achieving a more distinctive and exclusive positioning for Moncler.
Over the years, Moncler has merged design with ongoing technological research, combining style with functionality. The three dimensions of the brand are represented by Moncler Collection, dedicated to sophisticated timeless designs; Moncler Genius: a platform for co-creation and creative expression; and Moncler Grenoble: for peak technical performance in the outdoors all year round.
In everything it does, Moncler is driven by the desire to innovate, while remaining true to its heritage, it strives for continuous and uncompromising quality, pursuing challenging new goals with the ambition to respond to the environmental and social challenges the world is facing.
People are at the center of every business decision, from Moncler’s clients to its community of employees, who are the architects of the brand’s past success - and the key to its future growth.
Via Solari 33
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert