BoF’s The Business of Beauty is seeking a correspondent to expand our growing coverage of the global beauty and wellness industries. The ideal candidate will join BoF's newsroom already possessing strong sourcing, reporting and writing skills to break news, analyse the latest developments and create differentiating, data-driven insights in this critical beat. The Beauty Correspondent should be able to evaluate both the analytical thinking behind and creative execution of beauty and wellness’ most talked-about news, from brand and product launches and retail expansion plans to M&A deals, TikTok trends and more.
Part beauty reporter, part trend reporter, the successful candidate will be able to sift through the news and uncover new insights into brands’ strategies and go behind-the-scenes of the industry’s hottest influencers and platforms. They will confidently tell our readers not just what’s happening in the world of beauty, but how all of these changes impact both near-term and long-term outlooks. Ideally based in New York, London or Paris with opportunities for travel, the correspondent will report to BoF’s The Business of Beauty executive editor.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You to Do
- Develop The Business of Beauty vertical, with a goal of delivering exclusive weekly content and growing our subscriber base.
- Work with colleagues to amplify the vertical’s reach and boost engagement through a variety of formats, starting with our short- and long-form features through to data-driven explainers, case studies, social media, online and in-person events, podcasts and all else to make The Business of Beauty’s coverage bigger and better.
- Pitch and deliver at least 1 freshly reported feature per week
- Regularly write brief stories on news of importance to BoF readers while also quickly developing the most vital of these stories into analysis and trend pieces.
- Use your source network and industry expertise to break news and elevate features.
- Develop relationships with top level beauty and wellness founders, CEOs and CMOs.
- Be data savvy, identifying compelling data sources to enrich or drive your stories, placing charts and graphics at the heart of your coverage.
- Have the courage and creativity to explore a range of formats to tell a story, including on social media.
- Contribute to BoF’s long form content, such as case studies and reports.
- Collaborate on stories and projects with reporters and editors on adjacent beats, including luxury, tech and retail based in our newsroom hubs in London, Paris and New York.
- Contribute to the curation of beauty events for BoF, as well as representing the company on panels and other public-facing events.
Who You Are
- A journalist with deep experience writing about beauty, wellness and fashion.
- You will be full of ideas, confident in pitching stories for digital consumption, and able to swiftly execute tightly written news, analysis and deeply reported features.
- You will have the ability to cultivate a network of high-level industry sources (bonus if you already have relationships with top founders, CEOs and CMOs).
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You are consistently building a strong portfolio of features that inform and engage BoF’s global community.
- You are on top of the most important beauty industry news, including brand and product launches, retail expansions, major ad campaigns, CEO, CMO and editor appointments, acquisitions and fundraising news, and regularly ahead of the competition, providing content that differentiates The Business of Beauty as a trusted, go-to source of knowledge and insight.
- Data is part and parcel of your story-telling.
- You are collaborating effectively with other BoF beats and teams, including social media and events.