At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Working as part of a dedicated team you will assist in the production of the Burberry iconic fabric. Lead a team of weaving operatives, assistants, and technicians to deliver department objectives within the production area of Burberry Mill. Take responsibility for the planning and supervision of your shift and full ownership of the people, processes and machinery within your area. You will work to the highest quality whilst achieving daily targets and ensuring continuous production this includes providing technical solutions to weaving problems and machinery.RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing all safety aspects of the production area.
• Taking responsibility for improving aspects of team's performance to exceed targets.
• Developing an excellent working relationship with all other employees within Burberry.
• Developing an excellent working relationship with all internal and external customers.
• To ensure the effective use and support of all staff in the production area. Including control of holidays, manning plans, and temporary workers where necessary.
• Ensuring sales and development priorities are delivered within required timescales.
• To ensure smooth change overs between shifts.
• Provide cover for operators, technicians and other team leader functions as required.
• Administration duties including shift hand over and communicating customer priorities.
• Quality responsibilities including reject reduction and fault prevention initiatives.
• Training and development of your teams.
• Human resource/personnel functions including recruitment and staff selection, absence management, grievance and disciplinary procedures, performance appraisals, trial period reviews and inductions.
• Initiating and participation in improvement projects as required.
• Manage general maintenance of the looms and batchers - in response to breakdowns and in line with the preventative maintenance programme
• Ensure looms are weaving fabric to company quality standards
• Ensure looms are running to optimum efficiency for fabric style being woven
• Problem solving on quality and technical issues in the weaving area.
• Ensure relevant documentation for warp identification, samples & pieces are in place and all SOPs are followed
• To follow company procedure on the documentation of logging fault repairs at the loom and first piece passing.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of different methods of production operations including loom digital technology
• Cover for weavers during break times and support to production & Quality team
• May be required to work Days/Shifts/Nights as the business requires
• Be willing to undertake training/ re training to help support them in their duties.
• Train colleagues and team members on the job for succession planning, trainees and Apprentices PERSONAL PROFILE
- Strong Textile manufacturing background
- Qualified textile technician
- Experience of working on rapier weaving machines
- Previous manufacturing environment with high quality standards
- Ability to create and follow standard procedures
- Experience of managing teams
- Prioritisation and organisation skills
- Ability to self-manage.
- Basic computing knowledge (Microsoft packages etc)
- Management of Health & Safety
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Keighley || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || BURBERRY MILL || n/a ||