Planning Manager - Womens RTW (maternity cover)
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 Jul 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This position will manage all planning activities within Womens Outerwear and Capsules, within Burberry's global planning organisation. They will act as an ambassador for Burberry, fostering a culture of simplification, innovation and collaboration and driving excellence across their respective areas. In absence of the Director they will support the division and deputise in all key meetings.
They will be responsible for:
- Managing Global Open to Buy for their respective categories across both in-season trading & Pre Season Buy;
- Delivering Central Collection Open to Buy guidance for both Mainline & Capsules, and validating Regional submissions of Collection Open to Buy in line with guidance;
- Leading Capsule strategy, coordination and execution of the critical path across all divisions, whilst also managing the end-to-end process across total Capsules;
- Owning relationships and driving collaboration with Central Merchants on Collection Development to ensure assortments meet both financial and creative objectives;
- Ensuring the timely delivery of insightful commercial analysis across Mainline & Capsules in order to drive the business' sales, sell through and margin;
- Team Leadership, leading divisional planning team in the absence of the Planning Director, attending meetings as a divisional expert, delegating tasks and managing priorities within the team as necessary. Embody the Burberry behaviours of Being One Team, Responsible and Accountable, Putting Customers First and Being Bold and Open to New Ideas. Manage Capsules Planning Assistant, providing day to day direction, guidance and developmental coaching.Create opportunities for talent development across the global planning organisation.
Global Open to Buy Management
- Responsible for managing Global Open to Buy for the Department across all product lines (seasonal, carry forward and replenishment), actualising against regional plans
- Evaluating trading with Regional teams on monthly basis to assess in-season management decisions and potential inventory rebalances across regions
- Providing detailed Capsule updates to regions, enabling visibility of capsules timing, sales and procurement plans by division.
- Delivering insightful commercial analysis to highlight missed opportunities and hindsight for future collection guidance / development
- Providing inputs to regional planning teams and central finance on the development of annual regional budget and regional collection plans
- Reviewing and challenging regional replenishment sales forecasts and stock weeks of cover based on current trading and overlay adjustments if necessary
- Co-ordinating regular free stock drops to optimize both Carry forward and Replenishment inventory
Collection Open to Buy Guidance & Collection Development
- In collaboration with the Planning Director, developing Central Collection OTB Guidance, supporting OTB development in region aligned to product category strategies and opportunities.
- Lead the delivery of Regional Capsule Open to Buy guidance across all divisions & Digital, encompassing sales, procurement projections and sell through expectations
- Identifying and quantifying product category financial risks/opportunities based on collection development with Merchandising
- Partner with the Capsules Merchant to manage and forecast the Capsule assortments, hitting required AUR's & Margins and managing both central & regional communications.
- Responsible for the delivery of all raw material forecasting and commitment to support on-time delivery across Mainline and Capsules (All Divisions).
- Responsible for driving Raw Materials excess management and managing exit/liquidation strategy for Capsules.
- Responsible for the assessment of product threshold for re-order (Carry forward) and replenishment status including re-order quantities from regions
- Providing unit forecast projections to Supply Chain to aid vendor capacity planning and vendor negotiations
- Providing specific vendor projections where relevant on a Quarterly basis (3 yrs out) to support long term forecasting
Capsule Strategy, Execution and Critical path
- Lead the process in maintaining key information related to capsule strategy - launch date, exit, distribution, wholesale availability, margin and sell through expectations
- Drive alignment on critical path end to end on capsules from system requirements (attribution), raw material bookings, sizing and production placement.
- Lead Co-ordination across all Merchandising and Planning departments and key cross functional teams including (Supply Chain, VM, VIP, Packaging, Digital, and Global strategy)
Capsule Commercial Analysis and Margin Planning
- Guide the preparation of capsule performance tracking vs plan and prior capsules (if applicable)
- Direct the assistant planner on hindsight analysis of capsules (e.g. sizing) in order to improve future performance.
- Delivering division and associated categories margin analysis to support an appropriate initial margin for regional planning teams and central finance
- Embedding Margin within Global OTB and delivering scenario analyses where relevant
- Forecast and manage appropriate intake margins across Capsules, analysing and communicating across all divisions and identifying margin dilutive product with the impact to total.
- Demonstrated experience managing members of a divisional planning team in a fast paced commercial and luxury environment; fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration and accountability
- Demonstrated experience across all aspects of divisional planning, including global Open to Buy management, collection Open to Buy guidance and collection development and margin planning
- Customer-oriented when faced with business challenges
- Solid decision making capability driven by developing strategic product and business initiatives
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with credibility across all levels of the organisation, particularly Chief and SVP Level
- Dynamic and collaborative style, able to build positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
- Experience with SAP would be advantageous
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT PLANNING || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9035 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert