Portfolio Analyst, Commercial IT
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 5 Jun 2023
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Portfolio Analyst, Commercial IT will support the delivery of the Commercial IT global Project Portfolio. This involves assisting the project and programme governance for the delivery of all hardware and store projects globally, with a strong focus on financial analysis across the portfolio.
- Support the Portfolio Manager to ensure the global project portfolio for Commercial IT is run with the correct governance, and within budget.
- Complete monthly financial analysis of project spend against plan and forecasts, producing reports and narrative against agreed KPI's.
- Undertake regular meetings with key stakeholders to review regional project finances are accurately tracked and forecast in line with delivery plans and budget.
- Manage the process to release approved budgets for delivery of projects globally in partnership with the IT Finance team for Capex and Opex.
- Ensure internal systems are pro-actively managed and updated with accurate data.
- Champion best practice across financial processes and systems, supporting Regional IT teams with best practice and delivery of financial procedures.
- Undertake ad-hoc analysis on specific activities and initiatives to provide evidence and reporting to support decision making when required.
- Manage the day-to-day financial control of IT services for global suppliers.
- Partner closely with the IT Finance and Operations teams to develop and drive process improvements.
- Maintain and publish programme and project management reports, including a detailed global Store project roadmap.
- Enthusiastically support the delivery of one-off projects, activities, and initiatives of a global nature.
Measures of Success
- Effective and efficient reporting of the Commercial IT portfolio budget and forecast, tracking accuracy against actual spend and forecast.
- Reporting compliance with the delivery of agreed processes to effectively manage the Commercial IT portfolio's accuracy and achievement against monthly forecasts and full year budget.
- Adherence to project controls and project management methodology including the utilisation of published and socialised project templates and documents.
- Accuracy and timeliness of project status and financial reporting in Shibumi.
- Adherence to internal policies, standards, and procedures.
Skills & Experience Required
- 2:1 Degree or 3+ years' experience in PMO/ project coordination, operational or financial analysis.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a meticulous attention to detail, advanced excel skills.
- Proven experience with financial management systems (SAP).
- Reporting and presentation experience using PowerPoint/ MS office.
- Strong ability to work with teams in a collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable owning relationships with external parties.
- Ability to work autonomously with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-motivated, creative, energetic, passionate, and able to acclimate in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business settings.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert