Buyer, HUGO Menswear
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 17.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
As a member of our Retail Buying team, the Buyer, HUGO Menswear will be responsible for all buying functions over NCSA (US, CA, MX, BZ) DOS, Shops, & Ecom. This includes but is not limited to: Monitoring best/slow sell thru's, selection of goods in market, and overall business parameters. In addition to bringing the vision to life in stores - Product Knowledge & Model Store.
What you can expect:
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Product & Market Needs with Global Office
- Responsible for Basic Assortment/ Attendance of Basics Meetings
- Feedback to Brand - Post Market Season Overview & Future Season Overview
- Collection Overview Meetings (4 times a year in Germany) & Global Styles Overview Meeting
- Risk Buy for each Season
- Seasonal Assortments (4 times a year) for NCSA - DOS, Ecom, & Shops
- Model Store - Pending on what the needs are
In Season Management:
- Monitor Style Performance, searching for opportunities, seasonal & basic styles
- Rcpt Reconciliation, Cancellations, Prioritizing Styles for timely delivery
- Product Knowledge to Stores - Reporting & In Store
- eCommerce, site management, ad hoc requests, demand for product
- Store visits, comp shopping, DOS, Shops
- Hindsight focusing on Product Trends, Best Worst Sellers
- Sample Management in Market (working w/ Production)
- Selection of Product in Market
- Style ranks at market (High, Med, Low)
- Manage Assortment Sheets - Price List, Style Entry, Ranking (Sizing depending on Country)
- Senior Leadership Walk Thru (CEO & SVPs)
- Contract Creation
- Digital Assortment Sheets
- Market Feedback to Brand Team
Report & Analysis:
- Style Selling Reports
- Capsule Selling reports
- Ad Hoc Reporting through HB Systems - BIS
- Markdown Lists
- Utilizes standard reporting through web-based merchandise systems SAP Retail | BIS Reporting.
- Utilizes SAP | AFS for merchandise inquiry management and communication.
- Utilizes Microsoft PowerPoint for Product Knowledge Presentations.
- Extremely Excel Heavy, expert user
- Various Hugo Boss in house system
- Bachelor's or BS Degree
- Studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics or General Business Management
- 3-5 years' experience as an Associate Buyer or Buyer
- Strong numerical skills
- Manages and prioritizes multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills
- Adapts to shifting circumstances in a business environment
- Know Your business, Own Your business; Find ways to drive it forward
- Own your personal development, Find ways to drive it forward
- Observe the details - check for mistakes, understand reports, cross check data
- Follow up on communication - to stores, to all relevant internal departments, with Manager
- For every problem - Think about the problem, why it could be happening, bring a possible solution to the table, action
- Provide Great Customer Service - To internal Departments & all functions in Stores
- Be a Team player
- Effective problem solver
- Fashion Product & Trend Awareness
- Highly proficient with MS Office, specifically Excel and AO.
HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Hybrid Working Model
- Flexible Commuting
- Flexible Fridays & Summer Fridays
- Paid Parental Leave for FT employees
- 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your Birthday off
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits with Health Saving Account (HSA) option
- SHIP (Share Investment Program)
- Offers eligible employees the opportunity to become a co-owner and acquire shares in HUGO BOSS AG at special SHIP conditions.
- 401(K) with company match
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits (Pre-tax)
- Voluntary Benefits and Critical Illness
- Company sponsored Life and Disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
The expected base salary range for this position is from $70,000 - $80,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
HUGO BOSS is one of the leading companies in the upper premium segment of the global apparel market with some 14,000 employees around the world. Diversity is what shapes our company and makes us strong. People from a wide range of different nationalities put their knowledge, skills and experience to work for HUGO BOSS. This ensures an impressive variety of ideas and solutions. What unites us is our passion for our products and pride in our work.
Our vision is to be the most desirable premium fashion & lifestyle brand, and therefore we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
In order to address customers clearly and consistently, we offer two brands: BOSS and HUGO. While they are clearly distinguishable from each other in terms of their individual attributes and target customer, both brands embody our values of quality and fit, innovation and sustainability.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career as an expert or executive and are passionate about the fashion and lifestyle industry, you’ve come to the right place. Take the next step and find the perfect job for you.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert