Senior International & Domestic Transportation Manager
- Hugo Boss
- City, United States
- Closing date
- 29 Jun 2023
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Senior Manager
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 14.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
HUGO BOSS is a world market leader in the premium fashion and luxury segment of the apparel market. The Savannah Distribution Center currently operates as a Foreign Trade Zone and receives/ships approximately 8M units to approximately 100 Retail stores and over 300 Wholesale points of sale.
The Senior Int'l & Domestic Transportation Manager is a new position created to strengthen our US Transport Logistics department. The incumbent will actively manage our global inbound movements from manufacturers to the US Distribution Center. The successful Senior Manager will have strong communications and negotiations skills with a proven track record of service and price negotiations.
What you can expect:
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Monitor on time deliveries and actively managing our global Inbound Transports from finished goods supplier to the US Distribution Center
- Liaison between GSO (AG) and Imports Department (US)
- Liaison between broker and origin port to obtain and verify timely movement of product
- Manage a transport service provider portfolio (sea/air/road) within the Inbound Supply Chain to US
- Manage transport service providers for outbound shipments.
- Coordination day-to-day operations in between the freight forwarder, Distribution Center and HUGO BOSS supplier coordination teams (e. g. capacity planning, claim handling, routing guideline conformity)
- Preparing reports and forecasts, to guarantee visibility and support planning along the Inbound Transport Chain
- Manage recordkeeping to ensure it is current, orderly, filed in itemized manner; including retention of all correspondence and other records relating to customs business
- Perform invoice checks for all Inbound and outbound transports
- Support global transport teams during transport tender and freight cost negotiations
- SCVC Project - US Logistics representative
- Bachelor degree, ideally with a focus on supply chain management and/or logistics
- 5 years of professional experience across freight forwarding, brokerage and/or transport management
- Strong negotiations skills and professional communication with internal and external stakeholders
- High degree of understanding of the metrics of a global supply chain
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Basic SAP knowledge and ideally relevant experience in warehouse management systems
- Have a valid US passport and the ability and willingness to travel overseas, as required.
- Flexible; Able to prioritize multiple initiatives/tasks with a strict focus on deadlines; strong sense of urgency
- Well versed in U.S. Customs regulations
- Project management experience
HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- 21 Paid Days Off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your Birthday off
- Paid Parental Leave for FT employees
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits with Health Saving Account (HSA) option
- 401(K) with company match
- SHIP (Share Investment Program)
- Offers eligible employees the opportunity to become a co-owner and acquire shares in HUGO BOSS AG at special SHIP conditions.
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Voluntary Benefits and Critical Illness
- Company sponsored Life and Disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
HUGO BOSS is one of the leading companies in the upper premium segment of the global apparel market with some 14,000 employees around the world. Diversity is what shapes our company and makes us strong. People from a wide range of different nationalities put their knowledge, skills and experience to work for HUGO BOSS. This ensures an impressive variety of ideas and solutions. What unites us is our passion for our products and pride in our work.
Our vision is to be the most desirable premium fashion & lifestyle brand, and therefore we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
In order to address customers clearly and consistently, we offer two brands: BOSS and HUGO. While they are clearly distinguishable from each other in terms of their individual attributes and target customer, both brands embody our values of quality and fit, innovation and sustainability.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career as an expert or executive and are passionate about the fashion and lifestyle industry, you’ve come to the right place. Take the next step and find the perfect job for you.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert