Senior Accountant, Retail
- Hugo Boss
- City, United States
- Closing date
- 1 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 17.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
In this role, the Senior Accountant, Retail will be responsible for performing and managing all USA and Canada Retail Accounting tasks, General Leger reconciliations, Financial Statements Reporting, Business Supports, Month-end & Year-end Closings, Audits Support, Sales Audits, Bank & Cash & Credit Card Reconciliations, Insurance Claims, other tasks as assigned, etc. You will supervise and manage, Accountant, Retail and Jr. Accountant, Retail to ensure all USA and Canada Retail Financial Statements are accurately represented and all Retail Accounting related responsibilities are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
What you can expect:
Responsibilitiesinclude, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for performing and managing all USA and Canada Retail Accounting tasks, General Leger reconciliations, Financial Statements Reporting, Business Supports, Month-end & Year-end Closings, Audits Support, Sales Audits, Bank & Cash & Credit Card Reconciliations, Insurance Claims, other tasks as assigned, etc.
- Supervise and manage Retail Accountant and Jr. Retail Accountant to ensure all USA and Canada Retail Financial Statements are accurately represented and all Retail Accounting related responsibilities are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and supervise month-end for USA & Canada Retail subsidiary
- Assure the errors of sale audit are addressed in a timely manner
- Perform other tasks necessary for monthly closing related to the Retail business
- Analyse Financial Results and trends and report on Retail Performance
- Prepare Monthly Balance Sheet Workpapers with clear documentation and description and perform analysis of Month and YTD developments to ensure there is transparency to assess if balance sheet accounts are kept according to accounting standards.
- Analyse and prepare other financial data as needed by upper management and headquarter
- Analyse P/Ls to ensure accurate bookings of expenses and accruals
- Analyse all tax related accounts and work closely together with the tax department
- Operative responsibility of the GR/IR related transactions
- Review and analyse Inventory on Hand and Inventory In-Transit.
- Prepare and analyse Inventory Valuation Reports on a monthly base.
- Work closely with Retail division heads and support the decision process by providing financial information
- Full control of all provision related business transactions
- Prepare schedules for year-end audits and auditors
- Perform and supervise Retail Accountant and Jr Accountant with bank, cash and Credit Card rec & cash clearings
- Provide Accounting support to all business teams as needed
- Provide Accounting support for any changes in business models
- Improve efficiency handling all retail accounting responsibilities
- Perform other Accounting tasks if needed
- Work with the entire Accounting and Finance Team to develop the team to a BEST in CLASS Finance and Accounting Team
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA is a plus
- 7 years of experience (minimum)
- Must be able to work independently/take initiative
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Must be able to prioritize workload
- Ability to multi-task in a busy office environment
- Detail orientated; Self motivated; Fast learner
- Proficient in all Microsoft office programs (especially Excel)
- SAP experience a plus
HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Hybrid Working Model
- Flexible Commuting
- Flexible Fridays & Summer Fridays
- Paid Parental Leave for FT employees
- 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your Birthday off
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits with Health Saving Account (HSA) option
- SHIP (Share Investment Program)
- Offers eligible employees the opportunity to become a co-owner and acquire shares in HUGO BOSS AG at special SHIP conditions.
- 401(K) with company match
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits (Pre-tax)
- Voluntary Benefits and Critical Illness
- Company sponsored Life and Disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
The expected base salary range for this position is from $80,000 - 90,000 . It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained.Market and organizational factors are also considered.
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
HUGO BOSS is one of the leading companies in the upper premium segment of the global apparel market with some 14,000 employees around the world. Diversity is what shapes our company and makes us strong. People from a wide range of different nationalities put their knowledge, skills and experience to work for HUGO BOSS. This ensures an impressive variety of ideas and solutions. What unites us is our passion for our products and pride in our work.
Our vision is to be the most desirable premium fashion & lifestyle brand, and therefore we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
In order to address customers clearly and consistently, we offer two brands: BOSS and HUGO. While they are clearly distinguishable from each other in terms of their individual attributes and target customer, both brands embody our values of quality and fit, innovation and sustainability.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career as an expert or executive and are passionate about the fashion and lifestyle industry, you’ve come to the right place. Take the next step and find the perfect job for you.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert