HR Manager - Retail, West Coast
- Hugo Boss
- City, United States
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Human Resources
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 17.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
As a member of the HUGO BOSS Human Resources team, the HR Manager - Retail, West Coast provides support to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, North America with all HR functions, including talent review and acquisition, performance management, organizational capability and design, compensation, employee relations, leadership development and training for the US Retail population.
This role will be remote based, The ideal candidate should reside in the Las Vegas area. Open to surrounding west coast states.
What you can expect:
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Manage all HR functions, including talent review and acquisition, performance management, organizational capability and design, compensation, benefits, employee relations, leadership development and training to deliver effective and quality service.
- Partner with the Talent Manager on the recruitment process for the US Retail population as it relates to interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with Retail Management to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Partner with Senior Director, Sr. Manager and ER Specialist of HR and employment council in working with internal departments to resolve complex HR issues.
- Manages the process in creating new hire offer letters and employee verifications.
- Collaborate with other HR Business Partners on the team for consistency in managing team projects, on-boarding process for new hires; new hire orientation and the employee life cycle.
- Partner in creating, implementing and communicating company policies and procedures to managers and team members.
- Coach and advise management team on performance management conversations and documentation.
- Provide leadership, advice and counsel to management on all human capital issues including employee relations conversations and all corrective action documents to ensure consistency across all locations.
- Manage and advise in employee disciplinary action, terminations, and investigations.
- Leverage HR policies, programs and practices to create and maintain a positive, high-performing workplace.
- Research, develop and implement innovative policies and procedures to positively impact business performance, keeping in compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Assist Business Partners in managing associate performance and developing talent through performance improvement plans, including but not limited to: discipline, succession planning, training and development.
- Implement and oversee the Performance Management process and organizational assessment and learning strategies.
- Implement and manage regional specific recruitment strategies to effectively recruit top talent for new and existing stores.
- Conduct exit interviews and utilize information gathered from exit surveys to impact positive changes in the business.
- Partner in compensation analysis.
- Support in the creation of and maintaining accurate job descriptions for every Retail position.
- Support retail stores and approximately 500 employees throughout the West Coast, US.
- Accountable for all HR administration ensuring compliance with legal guidelines.
- Other duties, research, and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to travel to Store locations based on the needs of the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Prior experience in a multi-unit store environment required. Candidates without this experience will not be considered. Fashion industry experience a plus
- A minimum 5 years of Generalist experience with 1-2 years of HR management experience a plus
- Strong understanding of retail operations and HR best practices within a retail environment
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws and regulations
- Broad knowledge of HR practices including employee relations, performance management, compensation and learning & development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and maintain strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work effectively
- Strong relationship-building and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work with all levels of employees
- Knowledge of HR employment related laws/practices
- Expert level user with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your Birthday off
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits with Health Saving Account (HSA) option
- Paid Parental Leave for FT employees
- SHIP (Share Investment Program)
- Offers eligible employees the opportunity to become a co-owner and acquire shares in HUGO BOSS AG at special SHIP conditions.
- 401(K) with company match
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits (Pre-tax)
- Voluntary Benefits and Critical Illness
- Company sponsored Life and Disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
HUGO BOSS is one of the leading companies in the upper premium segment of the global apparel market with some 14,000 employees around the world. Diversity is what shapes our company and makes us strong. People from a wide range of different nationalities put their knowledge, skills and experience to work for HUGO BOSS. This ensures an impressive variety of ideas and solutions. What unites us is our passion for our products and pride in our work.
Our vision is to be the most desirable premium fashion & lifestyle brand, and therefore we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
In order to address customers clearly and consistently, we offer two brands: BOSS and HUGO. While they are clearly distinguishable from each other in terms of their individual attributes and target customer, both brands embody our values of quality and fit, innovation and sustainability.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career as an expert or executive and are passionate about the fashion and lifestyle industry, you’ve come to the right place. Take the next step and find the perfect job for you.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert