Our vision is to establish HUGO BOSS as the leading premium tech-driven fashion platform worldwide and to be one of the top 100 global brands. At HUGO BOSS, we work as a team to apply our knowledge, skills and experience together and create a diversity of ideas and solutions. What unites us? We love fashion, we change fashion!
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 14.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
The Customs Manager plays a fundamental role leading Inbound Customs Clearance and overseeing Outbound Transport. Ensuring the receipt of inventory into 3PL WMS system accurately prior to handover of order processing to our Warehouse Operations Team.What you can expect:
- Working closely with nominated Broker executing complex customs entries such as DirectDelivery and subsequent customs clearance.
- First point of contact for HMRC Customs Queries. Leading Broker in case of the export clearances.
- Assist in the Setup of the Customs Clearance process through all partner interfaces such as Freight Forwarder, Customs Broker and Transportation responsibilities.
- Oversee Inbound End to end customs processing of Global, Sea, Air and Road freight shipments including clearance and system receipt of inventory into 3PL facility.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Customs Broker, Freight Forwarders, last mile carriers and third party logistics partners.
- Liaising weekly with internal Hugo Boss stakeholders providing Inbound status updates.
- Maintaining all documents for audit purposes and ensuring Broker has relevant commodity codes etc; checking import documentation in connection with inbound transport and customs queries.
- Accompany auditors to 3PL facility if required and lead company customs annual audits.
- Preparing monthly customs reports to check the correct customs duties paid, correct customs values, preferential benefits and volume of cleared shipments.
- Maintaining Tracking reports, detailing inbound, outbound freight invoicing costs.
- Tracking Direct Delivery inbound shipments from factories and EU CDCs to 3PL
- Working in Collaboration with Inbound and Outbound Transport Manager(s) and Warehouse Operations Manager alongside 3PL.
- Assist continuous improvement customs clearance after setup and defining processes.
- Assist with projects initiatives within Hugo Boss UK in relation to cross border relevance.
- Ensuring inbound receipt of stock is updated in 3PL WMS and ERP providing visibility to the wider business for pick, VAS, pack and despatch to meet planned delivery date.
- Continuous improvement focused, regularly reviewing processes and making recommendations
- Assist with Inventory management and inbound troubleshooting at warehouse(s).
- Work closely with Global Customs Team based at EU Head Quarters
- A wealth of practical experience and current knowledge of EU / HRMC customs law, especially within Import procedures, correct customs values and preferential procedures.
- Experienced in communicating with customs authorities.
- Knowledge of transport logistics procedures
- Ideally at least 5 years of experience in a comparable position within trade or services industry. Freight forwarder, Customs Brokerage or Foreign Trade background would be suited along with Post Brexit experience.
- Deadline focused, with an abundance of patience and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Experience within imports, customs clearance related documentation and concise understanding of Container and Vehicle types and modes of transport, Import Vat etc.
- Understanding of customs procedures and incoterms. In addition to various types of supplier payment methods and document requirements against Letters of Credit (Documentary Credit) etc.
- Supervise Customs Co-ordinator
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in working with ERP systems
- Strong work ethic and negotiation skills
- Concise and effective communicator
- SAP / S4 Hana and Microsoft Office Experience
- Able to commute to London and Bedfordshire
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits
- Clothing and Discount Allowance
- Blended and flexible working environment
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
Do you feel it's time for a new challenge at HUGO BOSS? If so, we look forward telling you all about this job opportunity in a personal conversation.