- Facilities Maintenance Technician
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 2 Jul 2023
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, DoDo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Houses to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: "Empowering Imagination". In 2022, Kering had over 47,000 employees and revenue of €20.4 billion.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team based in London.
As part of the Facilities team, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate an excellent team working attitude, communicate with people at all levels, have a hands-on approach to problem solving and work on their own initiative.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a customer facing job role, experience in a previous role doing maintenance and be London based for callouts.
How you will contribute
We are looking for a handyman to manage the maintenance across our UK stores and offices. Reporting to the Facilities Manager and based in our office in London, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to all incoming maintenance issues / requests from stores and corporate offices, including but not limited to, electrical & lighting, HVAC, carpentry, and plumbing repairs.
- Maintain and repair electrical wiring, distribution equipment, lighting fixtures, and electrical systems.
- Perform periodic statutory testing across all sites, including electrical and emergency lighting systems, fire alarm testing, water-outlet flushing and temperature checks, etc.
- Take responsibility for administration of compliance works, maintaining upkeep of all Retail Stores & Head Office records.
- Work closely with the Facilities Manager to develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule that can be handled in-house; including, but not limited to, decoration, general repairs, lock changes, basic carpentry, plumbing, and other 'handyman' tasks.
- Support the Facilities Manager in liaising with Store Managers and third-party Suppliers to coordinate site visits for Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance, and Installation & Refurbishment projects.
- Proactively monitor Health & Safety standards, advising management of areas of concern to prevent hazards.
- Support the Facilities Manager as required in both our retail and corporate outlets.
- Take a flexible approach to working hours in accordance to needs of the business.
Who you are
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (2365-03)
- Experience within a similar Facilities, Maintenance or Commercial Building Services Role
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Ability to use initiative and prioritise workload
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working-hours, as occasional evening and weekend working will be required
- An interest to achieve City & Guilds 'Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance) (2357-23)'
- An interest to achieve City & Guilds 'Electrical Equipment Maintenance and Testing (2377)'
- An interest to achieve City & Guilds 'Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations (2391-51)'
- Nebosh General Certificate, or similar Health & Safety-related qualification
- Previous experience working in Luxury Retail or Hospitality environment
Why work with us?
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation - enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Kering UK Services Ltd.
A world leader in apparel and accessories, Kering develops an ensemble of powerful Luxury and Sport & Lifestyle brands. By ‘empowering imagination’ in the fullest sense, Kering encourages its brands to reach their potential, in the most sustainable manner. Present in more than 120 countries, the Group generated revenues of more than €11.5 billion in 2015 and had more than 38,000 employees at year end.
Talent is craftsmanship that is born when creative geniuses and artisans collaborate. Luxury talent at Kering is about having a bold vision which empowers confidence and creates beauty.
Kering empowers its employees to fulfil their potential and creativity by fostering their skills and performance in the most imaginative and sustainable manner for the long term.
Talent is the energy that powers our Group.
40, rue de Sèvres
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert