At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Tax Analyst will be responsible for taxable income forecasting, direct and indirect tax compliance associated with the Burberry retail, wholesale and e-commerce activities in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Brazil. CONNECTING WITH OTHERS
- Global Tax Team
- Accounting Team / BBS
- Group & Local - Finance Teams
- Performance of functions associated with the preparation of direct and indirect tax compliance including assisting with review of all tax returns and supporting documentation prepared by third-party providers, extraction of information from accounting systems, analysis, and documentation of book vs. tax differences, tax credits, identification of exposure items and potential tax impact
- Provide third-party tax preparers with information needed to complete tax filings in foreign jurisdictions (i.e. Canada and Mexico)
- Prepare and/or review supporting documentation, tax extensions and estimated tax payments
- Compile, review and ensure timely filing of monthly indirect tax returns (i.e. US sales/use tax, Canada and Mexico VAT)
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all tax accounts
- Coordinate activities for all personal property tax filings, business registrations and licenses
- Assist with tax accounting including calculating tax provisions, current and deferred accounts, and the maintenance of ASC 740 balance sheet
- Maintain the company tax calendar and tax process documentation
- Assist in evaluating the impact of statutory and regulatory changes to federal, state and local tax laws on the company
- Research various income, franchise, sales and use, payroll, and property tax issues
- Assist with federal, state, and local tax examinations. Gather and organize necessary documents for government auditors and work to minimize tax assessment and/or penalties
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- CPA / MST a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP, tax software and reporting packages
- 3-5 years tax experience in public accounting and/or large multi-state, multi-national company
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Retail Apparel and/or Luxury goods experience a plus
- Timely and accurate filing of direct and indirect tax compliance to avoid late penalties and interest
- Ensuring accuracy of all filings and coordinating positive outcomes of audits
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $80,000.00 and $95,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || TAX || n/a ||