Credit Controller (m/w/d) Region Germany
- Ralph Lauren
- Munich, Germany
- Closing date
- 5 Jul 2023
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
For our EMEA credit team we are currently looking for a Credit Controller (f/m/d) based in our Munich office who will be responsible for a portfolio of customers located in Germany and Central Europe. The Credit Controller is a key pillar of the regional organization as he/she partners with Sales and Customer service teams to drive our business operations while managing the collection process and ensuring the financial exposure of the Company remains under control and aligned with the Credit risk strategy and internal guidelines. In this context, the Credit controller oversees all the credit and collection activities for his/her portfolio of customers. As a member of the EMEA Credit team, the Credit Controller will also be involved in regular team meetings, workshops, offsites and projects for the EMEA region
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Design the Credit risk strategy of his/her portfolio of customers in alignment with Management and with Sales and Customer service teams
* Define and regularly review credit limits, payment terms and other credit-related conditions for both existing and new customers
* Review customer orders on hold for Credit reasons on a daily basis and determine whether they can be released and shipped to the customers; where relevant seek Management's approval in accordance to Grant of Authority
* Perform a watch and regular analyses on portfolio of customers to ensure the company's exposure is monitored and to anticipate, flag and escalate issues without delays to Management
* Coordinate issuance and clearing of Debit notes and Credit notes in collaboration with customers and internal partners
* Team-up with the AR team to ensure cash application is accurately done and on a timely manner; support issue resolutions when needed
* Communicate frequently with customers and reply promptly to their questions and concerns. Team-up with Sales and Customer Service departments to solve issues.
* Notify customers of upcoming or outstanding invoices. Establish and maintain regular communications to facilitate regular payments
* Monitor debtor balances to guarantee an acceptable level or even reduction of the DSO. Negotiate payment plans and settlements of overdue balances
* Initiate legal actions against debtors who evade or refuse payment according to the terms and conditions. Liaise with Legal department and/or external collection agencies where needed
* Visit customers in the Munich showroom during markets and/or in their offices/selling locations
* Act as a key business partner and contribute to the success of the company's strategy and results
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
What you bring along
* Experience in Credit & Collection and/or Finance within an international environment
* University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
* Fluent in German and English mandatory
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Result orientated, resourceful and problem-solving attitude
* Strong business acumen and customer orientated
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
* Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
* Proficient user of Excel and SAP (or equivalent ERP) Are you interested in working for one of the world's most successful fashion brands and continuing your career in an international environment with varied tasks? We value the talent of each individual and therefore offer many exciting opportunities for individual development. We believe that our employees are key to achieving our business goals and therefore contribute to the success of our company. If you would like to become part of our unique success story and join our dynamic team of experts, please apply with your complete documents (cover letter incl. salary requirement & notice period, resume, references) to us!
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert