We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Position:
Manager, Human Resources Busines Partner Location:
Jacksonville, FL Schedule:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12pm - 10pm and Friday, Saturday 10am - 5pm (40 hours) Purpose of Role
The Manager of Human Resources will provide HR leadership and support to the Fulfillment Center, functioning as the primary HR Business Partner for Night Shift and Weekend Day Shift. The Manager will report to the Sr Manager, Human Resources Business Partner. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resources to focus on...
- Actively pursue knowledge of clients business practices, policies, organization structure, roles and responsibilities to better understand the business
- Work closely with Business Unit Leaders to ensure HR requirements are identified, met and aligned to business objectives
- Build relationships with staff of client groups at all levels built on respect and trust
- Be available and responsive to provide customer service in a timely and efficient manner
- Design and orchestrate events and engagement activities
- Support hiring managers during recruiting process, including interviewing and candidate selection
- Partner with hiring managers during new hire onboarding
- Partner with management to resolve employee relation issues
- Provide coaching and counseling to management and staff
- Collaborate with Legal Counsel, Employee Relations and Sr Manager, HRon sensitive issues
- Maintain positive employee relations environment through Tapestry's Open Door Policy
- Provide training and counseling on the annual performance management process, development planning process and ongoing performance feedback.
- Partner with Business Partners to execute salary increase process on time and on budget
- Manage the execution of the Performance Management process and compilation of salary data in conjunction with corporate Compensation team.
- Coach people managers regarding policies and procedures; ensure policies are administered fairly and consistently
- Review Corrective Actions and partner with people managers on the corrective action delivery process
Training and Development
- Assess training needs of business areas providing consulting and coaching services to optimize individual and team performance
- Create training materials and lead training sessions for people managers and employees on employee benefits, systems and policies
- Partner with Global People and Organizational Development (GPOD) as required on specialized Leaning & Development programs
- Develop relationships with local vendors
- Provide organizational design support and guidance to business partners
- Develop succession plans and career paths for key positions and high potential employees
- Assess organizational strengths and weaknesses and develop appropriate action plans to address
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Participate in and/or manage special projects as required
- Participate in cross-functional HR projects
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelors degree with 5-7 years experience in Human Resources field (preferred experience supporting a distribution and/or manufacturing organization)
- HR leadership experience required (recruitment, employee relations, coaching/counseling) with a strong track record in delivering client focused HR solutions to business partners
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with the ability to influence
- Excellent attention to detail, superior communication, customer service and follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task projects with equal priority
- Creative problem solver with strategic thinking skills and strong business acumen
- Knowledge of and experience with HR systems, competencies and best practices
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements, demonstrating a high degree of urgency
- Excellent computer proficiency: Word, Excel and Internet proficient
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ #Li_KM1