We are looking for a knowledgeable Financial Analyst who can lead and motivate accounting staff members and increase department accuracy and efficiency. The Financial Analyst will delegate, supervise, and participate in accounting department tasks, oversee the recording, tracking, and reporting of financial information, hire, train, and motivate accounting staff members, develop and implement department controls and procedures, and ensure that the department operates efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
To be successful as a Financial Analyst, you should have a strong understanding of of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP ) and excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
KERING Financial Analyst
Job Family: Accounting & Consolidation
Job Title: Kering Financial Analyst
Location: Wayne, NJ
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, and Jewelry: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: "Empowering Imagination."
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Financial Analyst will be a key contributor in generating our financial results. This position will be the main point of contact with one or more of our luxury brands and will help us report accurate and timely financial data within a defined process. Specific tasks include:
- Training, and motivating accounting staff members while supervising and delegating department tasks
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency
- Overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time
- Ensuring that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors or lenders
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed
- Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions that could have a financial impact on the business
- Manage the monthly reporting ensuring the accuracy of data between our ERP and our consolidation tool
- Update additional disclosures and other financial reporting
- Review results with Brand Finance teams to validate results, understand coming events and ensure that these are properly treated
- Any other ad hoc activities as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5 -7 years of relevant experience with strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles GAAP and IFRS
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills with ability to see big picture
- Excellent leadership, strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with staff members
- Strong organizational and stress management skills
- High level of efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to adapt and learn as we implement new processes and structures
- Delegate financial responsibilities to the accounting team
- Ability to manage deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to train and manage staff
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and MS Office and finance software such as SAP, HFM, Hyperion, MS Excel, Smartview, Lawson, Movex and Blackline
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data
Kering Americas Inc.
A world leader in apparel and accessories, Kering develops an ensemble of powerful Luxury and Sport & Lifestyle brands. By ‘empowering imagination’ in the fullest sense, Kering encourages its brands to reach their potential, in the most sustainable manner. Present in more than 120 countries, the Group generated revenues of more than €11.5 billion in 2015 and had more than 38,000 employees at year end.
Talent is craftsmanship that is born when creative geniuses and artisans collaborate. Luxury talent at Kering is about having a bold vision which empowers confidence and creates beauty.
Kering empowers its employees to fulfil their potential and creativity by fostering their skills and performance in the most imaginative and sustainable manner for the long term.
Talent is the energy that powers our Group.
40, rue de Sèvres
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert