Senior Manager, Climate & Nature
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 5 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As Burberry's Senior Manager, Climate and Nature, you will programme manage the development and delivery of Burberry's science-based climate and nature commitments.
This will include partnering with key internal business functions to co-create, embed, and monitor the effectiveness of, practical decarbonisation actions, metrics, and KPIs. You will be responsible for working with the Senior Reporting Manager for developing Burberry's climate Transition Plan disclosure, and for overseeing the collection, management and assurance of Burberry's global energy and carbon data.
You will also be responsible for programme managing the development of Burberry's strategic approach to nature protection and restoration, in line with external frameworks and standards such as the Taskforce for Nature-related Financial Disclosures and the Science Based Targets for Nature. This will likely involve working with external partners to originate sustainability-focused value chain interventions, and engagement with the voluntary carbon market, through the Burberry Regeneration Fund.
- Manage the partnering with key internal business functions to co-create, embed, and monitor the effectiveness of, practical decarbonisation actions, metrics, and KPIs
- Oversee development of Burberry's climate Transition Plan disclosure, alongside reporting and finance colleagues
- Oversee the collection, management and assurance of Burberry's global energy and carbon data
- Manage the development of Burberry's strategic approach to nature protection and restoration, in line with external frameworks and standards such as the Taskforce for Nature-related Financial Disclosures and the Science Based Targets for Nature
- Engage with external stakeholders such as key industry working groups, consultancies, and NGOs, and monitor wider industry decarbonisation efforts
- Line management of a Programme Manager and Project Manager
- Ability to closely partner and manage internal & external relationships at all levels including executives, with the skill to bring people with competing agenda's together towards a common goal
- Experience working on climate change in a corporate setting, including the development of emissions reduction targets and decarbonisation plans, with evidence of delivery against climate commitments.
- Technical knowledge and experience of energy, carbon accounting and modelling, emissions calculations, including knowledge of the GHG protocol and other relevant frameworks (e.g. SBTi, TCFD). Working knowledge of the GHG protocol's Land Sector and Removals guidance a bonus.
- Knowledge of emerging business-related nature, biodiversity, and related human rights issues.
- Strong programme/ project management and analytical skills
- Strong skillset in preparing briefing documents, PowerPoint presentations, and managing databases and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of nature-related standards and frameworks such as TNFD, SBTN a bonus
- Knowledge of voluntary carbon markets and value chain interventions for the land sector a bonus
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert