Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage.
Within the Retail Buying team and directly reporting to the Head of Retail Merchandising Europe, you will be responsible to complete inventory distribution and monitor stock levels for Retail stores.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Set and monitor inventory goals by category, by store; lead inventory flow, replenishment and consolidations to achieve targets
- Setup and maintenance of launch and replenishment tools for all product classifications and product lifecycles
- Develop release plans to hit various launch date needs across individual retail stores
- Advocate proactively for the right amount of replenishment in market with the goal of growing sell through, inventory profitability and topline sales
- Take ownership of weekly Supply Chain reporting; identify reporting gaps and develop new reports to fill
- Find opportunities to create or optimize templates for allocations, inventory tracking and analysis
- Communicate with retail store teams on a regular basis to fulfill customer requests, general store needs and advise on product delivery status.
Key skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of the Fashion industry
- Experience of Allocations and stock management will be a plus
- Highly analytical and advanced Excel skills
- Organized with a real understanding of the importance of accuracy of information
- A disciplined approach to problem solving with sense of urgency