Office Assistant, Academic Affairs Operations
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 5 Jul 2023
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
FIT's Academic Affairs Operations unit oversees all academic programs and departments. This team supports instructional space readiness and equipment, curriculum initiatives, faculty hiring and promotions, research, learning experiences, faculty support, relevant policy development, and other related programming.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the day-to-day operations within the Office of Academic Affairs under the direction of the Associate Vice President and Chief Operations Officer (AVPCOO).
- Provides high level administrative support. This includes planning activities, managing calendars and budgets, taking meeting minutes, processing various expense reports and billing, records and project management, coordinating meetings/events, procuring supplies, tracking and following up on shared work orders/helpdesk related complaints, etc.
- Coordinates the flow and approval of interdepartmental forms sent to Academic Affairs Operations inbox to include: Actions Forms, College Business Authorization forms, Expenditure Review Forms, and others.
- Assists liaisons in Dean's offices.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to advance departmental initiatives.
- Provide assistance and support to the Administrative Coordinator of Student Contests and Industry-Sponsored Projects in preparing college wide FIT Academic Affairs Annual Report (this includes compiling reports from 47 academic departments, 4 schools and 13 support units)
- Survey academic space (conducts detailed surveys/assessment of classrooms) and prepares report
- Prepare Organizational Charts for the Office of AA as well as supporting departments and schools.
- Build, maintain and update electronic Faculty Release Time Forms; Winter/Summer Hours forms.
- Greet and direct visitors; promptly and properly responds to departmental inquiries.
- Maintain and update all webpages.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.
- Associate's degree required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps including Drive, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Contacts and Sites.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially the ability to communicate with different audiences ranging from students to executives.
- Exemplary attention to detail, project management, and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior experience in budget administration, campus operations, purchase requisition and invoice processing, monthly credit card reconciliation, grants operations, accounts receivable processing, overtime sheet review and processing, and excel spreadsheet preparation and analysis.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Frequent; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Constant
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Constant; Stand- Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment.
Starting Salary: $51,018 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 90, after one year of service and annually thereafter.
( See Successor Agreement, page 7 )
- Full-Time Benefits
- Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
- Remote Work Policy
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for an Office Assistant.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for 70 years. Providing a blend of hands-on experience, classroom study, and liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are affordable and relevant to today’s rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college grants associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
Among our wide variety of Art and Design programs are Accessories Design, Interior Design, and Toy Design; Business and Technology majors range from Fashion Business Management to International Trade and Marketing to Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing. Our outstanding faculty offer students experiences that mirror the marketplace and give them a competitive edge.
Notable alumni designers include Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Reem Acra, Brian Atwood, Francisco Costa, Norma Kamali, Nanette Lepore, Bibhu Mohapatra, and Ralph Rucci. Other prominent graduates include Leslie Blodgett, creator of Bare Minerals; international hotel and restaurant designer Tony Chi; Nina Garcia, creative director, Marie Claire; Edward Menicheschi, chief marketing officer, Condé Nast; and Joe Zee, editor in chief and executive creative officer, Yahoo Style.
The Museum at FIT, one of the world’s leading collections of fashion and textiles, houses more than 50,000 garments and accessories and more than 300,000 textiles and swatches.
Learn more at fitnyc.edu.
Seventh Avenue at 27th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert