Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.Job Title:
Sr. Manager, RTW Design Studio Primary Purpose:
This role will partner with the VP, Ready-to-Wear Design to create and implement processes for optimum communication and organization across all RTW design channels, including Women's, Men's, Knits and Cut & Sew for Retail, Outlet and all special projects. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Evaluate current processes by identifying gaps and opportunities, and driving continuous improvement of business/operations to enable seamless execution.
- Manage ongoing communication & problem solving in collaboration with and on behalf of VP, RTW Design, in addition to creating and communicating contingency plans where needed.
- Work with Design Studio Management and Executive Assistant to organize VP calendar for optimal use of time.
- Work with cross functional partners in PD, tech, Studio team, GM and DSM to evaluate, create and implement processes for optimum productivity across RTW.
- Support the Design team by anticipating and preparing for key milestones including coordinating design team preparation of the workroom and/or presentation decks prior to meetings with the Creative Director and Stylist.
- Consolidate menu pages to reflect all categories by delivery with bag tiebacks.
- Create and coordinate central, physical, design working boards where all RTW categories are represented by delivery/ season.
- Maintain a working board of all updated bag platforms across Retail and Outlet to relate back to the design working boards.
- Maintain all color palettes within RTW across retail and outlet.
- Participate in materials meetings to ensure that there are swatch and color representations relating back to sketches/cads.
- Centralize the management of RTW team budget and partner with Design Studio Management on budget topics/projections for annual T&E tracking.
- Track and document seasonal sustainability initiatives.
- Support RTW sustainability goals through research and development.
- Lead for all special projects - asses the needs of each project and collaborate with VP to allocate and work with the appropriate Design and Product Development partners. Special Projects are ongoing throughout the year.
An outstanding professional will have...
- Understanding of development from concept through completion
- Strong communication and leadership skills; ability to form partnerships to collaborate, influence and drive change.
- Understanding of materials, fabrics, technical fabrics, and trims required
- Ability to work independently and autonomously while undertaking projects on their own initiative
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 8+ years of product related experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree from a Fashion college preferred, or equivalent co mbination of education, training, and experience preferred.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JL3. Visit Coach at www.coach.com. BASE PAY RANGE $110,000.00 TO $130,000.00
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary