The Tiffany Service Center Jeweler:
- performs a variety of technical and operational duties in regards to repairs and alterations for new and customer owned jewelry in its market.
- works with all precious metals, including platinum, gold and silver as well as other specialty materials.
- is expected to perform services using standard jewelry techniques including soldering, laser welding, fabrication, assembly, gluing, enameling, finishing, hallmarking, stone setting, etc.
- possesses a deep knowledge of jewelry materials including metal assay and gemstone identification and sensitivity.
- understands workshop safety and ensures risks are minimized.
- will provide basic watch services of battery and strap changes and bracelet lengthenings and shortenings.
- will also provide machine engraving and embossing services.
- Perform servicing on all orders according to Tiffany & Co. standards.
- Quality - Complete all craft work according to Tiffany quality and design standards; read, understand and follow written repair instructions and seek clarification when needed; inspect all assigned orders for additional defects and note, repair or escalate as appropriate; perform "specialty craft work" e.g. complex setting, enameling as appropriate to skill set and work mix.
- Productivity - Meet or exceed established productivity standards based on work mix and role.
- Organization - Maintain orders in an organized fashion ensuring that due dates are adhered to; report any late or potentially late orders to management. Maintain an organized bench and work space. Request any needed parts, consumable material, tools or supplies according to established procedures; maintain all assigned parts, metals and scrap in a secure and organized fashion and according to established procedures.
Knowledge and development :
- Develop a working knowledge of Tiffany & Co. products including but not limited to designers, collections, materials, methods of manufacture and repair techniques.
- Proactively seek and apply new skills and techniques that result in quality, safety or productivity improvements.
- Proactively share skills and techniques with coworkers; actively collaborate with coworkers, administration and management in problem solving and process improvement. Service center support:
- Provide assistance as needed throughout the center; perform alternate craft work as needed and as capable; assist administration with workflow management; participate in special projects.
- Occupational health and safety:
- Comply with all health and safety requirements including personal protective equipment, hazardous material handling and disposal, machine guarding, ergonomics, etc.
- Maintain a safe workstation free from risks. Immediately report any safety incidents, including "near misses", to management
- Contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the workshop; assist in cleaning and maintaining common areas and equipment; report any worn, broken or unsafe tools, equipment and supplies; identify and report any gaps in workshop infrastructure.
Required Qualifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Soldering experience
- Laser welding experience
- Diamond setting experience
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work overtime as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Client service orientation
- Fluent English language skills - Reading, Writing, Verbal
- Ability to shift tasks quickly to meet daily business needs
- Strong initiative and the ability to work without constant direction
- Excellent organizational abilities to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to identify and provide resolution for areas of improvement
- Ability to inspire trust, fairness, integrity, and professionalism with staff members as well as management
- Ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Detail oriented ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management
- Ability to prioritize and work in a highly dynamic, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Degree from jewelry technical/design program
- Completion of Graduate Gemology degree or completion of course
- Tiffany & Co. product knowledge
- Watch knowledge
- Embossing and/or machine engraving experience
- Inventory management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Teams
- Engineering ability
- Fabrication experience
- Assembly experience