Head of Digital Platforms
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 9 Jun 2023
- Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Role: Head of Digital Platforms
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Head Office, White City Place, West London
Contract type: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Workplace Type: Hybrid
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business. In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the Role:
We’re hiring a Head of Digital Platforms for ME+EM. Off the back of continued rapid domestic and international business growth we are embarking on an ambitious digital transformation project, as well as building out an internal digital platform team to support this transformation. This is an opportunity to lead the business through an exciting new chapter in our growth, as well as taking the lead on recruiting and shaping an entirely new team from scratch.
Our digital transformation will see us put in place appropriate technologies, processes and people to provide a scalable platform for ME+EM’s growth ambitions. Our digital platform team will consist of multidisciplinary autonomous squads, responsible for crafting best in class customer experiences across our customer facing apps. This team will own the customer-facing digital stack - end to end - and will be able to continuously improve our digital platform in a scalable, reliable, agile way.
The successful candidate will act as the bridge between business, in particular the Head of Digital Commerce and technology, and will be able to collaborate across departments to bring them on our digital journey. They should have impeccable attention to detail and a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences whilst understanding how to mitigate risk for large scale technology change. In addition to this they will also have a deep understanding of how to deliver software at scale, as well as the process, people, and tooling required.
- Take the lead on key aspects of our digital transformation, working with third parties and our internal teams to manage those projects and ensure they are delivered successfully.
- Build out a new digital platform team who will assume full end-to-end ownership of our customer facing digital platform.
- Be the authority on our digital platforms, understand the technology stack end-to-end, and the strategic direction of our platforms.
- Inspire the team to deliver exceptional customer experiences fitting of a digital first, modern luxury brand.
- Collaborate with heads of departments across the business on digital initiatives; be the bridge between business and technology.
- Own the roadmap for our customer facing digital platforms.
- Be an ambassador for agile delivery and continuous improvement methodologies within the team, as well as the wider business.
- Ensure that our team and our technology stack is supported by best of breed third party partners and tooling.
- Ensure data is at the heart of our digital platform team, that everything is measurable and quantifiable in terms of its value to the business.
- Roll out processes improvements and remove blockers to improve velocity, while maintaining quality.
- Grow and develop the digital platform team in line with business objectives.
- Regular reporting on key digital KPI’s and initiatives.
- Own the digital team budget.
Skills and Requirements:
- Prior experience in a senior technology position for a B2C retailer.
- Experience delivering complex digital transformation projects.
- An expert understanding of modern digital commerce stacks (e.g., MACH, Composable Commerce, etc)
- Experience working with multidisciplinary squads.
- Demonstrable experience growing a business internationally.
- A solid understanding of agile software delivery and continuous improvement.
- A passion for delivering simple, scalable solutions (often to complex problems).
- An understanding of tech culture, and how to foster that culture within a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A passion for data and making data driven decisions.
- An ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience reporting and providing updates to exec teams.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Awards
- Employee referral incentive
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid Training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer Day Tech scheme with Curry's PC world Annual
- Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses frames with Specsavers
- Real Living Wage Employer
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email email@example.com should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert