- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 Jul 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Burberry is looking for a Digital Project Manager with Agile delivery experience to manage a key Digital platform project stream. The Digital Commerce team's mission is to provide a best-in-class, flexible eCommerce backbone to support the ambitious growth Burberry's Digital business.
The project will span technologies and will have a wide business impact across departments. This will give the ideal candidate great exposure across the business and will provide opportunities to develop knowledge of the sector.
The role will have responsibility for the process and orchestration of delivering the digital product roadmap for the area of Commerce, managing outcomes as well as partnering with wider business delivery teams to deliver on time and to budget.
The ideal candidate would be a strong project manager who is experienced in and passionate about eCommerce, has great interpersonal skills and experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders. Experience in headless Commerce platforms (e.g. Commercetools) is preferred, as well as experience managing platform migration activities, as well as new feature implementation.
- Be a key member of the Digital IT team and will manage projects from inception through to delivery.
- Have responsibility for orchestrating the delivery of the Discovery, Development, Testing and Adoption of a project - working closely with a team of Business Analysts, Product Owners and Engineers.
- Being a proactive character with excellent communication skills, capable of driving the project forwards in a positive way - with a hunger for problem-solving and inspiring change
- Bring excellent a knowledge and working experience in Agile and an understanding of Jira and continuous delivery. - already covered in Personal Profile and fits better there I thin
Work with a passionate, fun and dedicated team - on a day to day basis the role will involve:
- Iterating the delivery process for the team to ensure the team are working efficiently, effectively and happily
- Working with a Delivery Manager to facilitate ceremonies for the stream, communicating agendas and outcomes
- Orchestrating the deliverables from the team, holding the team members accountable to their commitments
- Co-ordination and management of resources across departments
- Owning the ongoing communication of delivery status to stakeholders
- Managing external partners and vendors
- Facilitate and support the team, freeing them from distractions by unblocking issues that arise
- Raise risks to team members and stakeholders when necessary
- Help team members prioritise their work in alignment with business priorities
- Experience of running delivery of Agile digital projects is essential. An understanding of Agile delivery and an understanding of Agile Project Management approaches and how to apply them
- A self-starter and self-motivator who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with strengths in prioritisation and time management
- Demonstrable background within a similar technical project management role
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail; with the ability to bring clarity to challenging problems and facilitate their solutions
- Experience working with offshore teams and agencies
- A passion for retail and experience within a software delivery role is essential.
- Excellent communicator with an understanding on how to adapt your style to meet stakeholder needs
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || DIGITAL || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert