Assistant Merchandiser (Handbags)
- Kate Spade New York
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 2 Jul 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Entry Level / Assistant
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Job Title: Assistant Merchandiser, Handbags
Primary Purpose : kate spade's Merchandising Team is responsible for creating and executing merchandising strategies and forecasting processes to maximize company financial objectives. The Merchandise Assistant will support the leather goods team with all merchandising initiatives.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Merchandising to...
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (Design, Product Development, Production, Planning, VM) to execute seasonal assortments from concept to Market
- Own style set up and maintenance in product lifecycle management system (ECVision) ensuring data accuracy throughout seasonal development process
- Participate in development milestone meeting preparation: Sketch Review, Proto Review, Costing Review, Market Edits, and Internal Market Presentation
- Responsible for execution & accuracy of seasonal Market Sample Order
- Oversee coordination of sample needs throughout development process
- Manage Market preparation including but not limited to sample organization, showroom & system set-up, Market materials & communication (Line Sheet and Change Log)
- Create Product Knowledge document and communicate product information to other departments
- Assist Manager and Associate with sales analysis on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis, to help better assort for future seasons and communicate trends to Design
- Participate in competitive analysis and identify market trends
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills - ability to prioritize and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task
- Team player with a focus on collaboration
- Independent individual - takes initiative and demonstrates problem solving skills
- Understanding of fashion industry and merchandising - function of the department and knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Retail math comprehension
An outstanding professional will have...
- B.A. or B.S. required
- 0-2 years of experience required with a strong interest/background in Merchandising
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com .
BASE PAY RANGE $55,000.00 TO $63,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary
Known for its crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication, kate spade new york’s exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. From handbags and clothing to decor, our products invite women around the world to live every day to the fullest.
We believe it’s the people we work with who bring our brand to life. Ours is a place that values creativity. Where colored tights and sparkly heels are standard attire. We’re a group of individuals working together as a team. Succeed and there are plenty of people to cheer. We strive to be the best – to do things in a way that’s uniquely our own. Always optimistic, often irreverent and wonderfully original. This is the spirit of our brand.
2 Park Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert