Manager, Production Operations
- Grobogan, Idaho, Indonesia
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Logistics & Supply Chain
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
The Production Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of SP's Quality, Manufacturing, and CSR performance of Assigned Service Provider/s, supporting Tapestry Strategies and the Operations Mission Statement. Reports to Director, Production Operations.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in production operationsto...
- Be accountable for all Production Operations related activities within the assigned SP(s).
- Be accountable for the proper and timely communications to the appropriate parties o any Quality, Production and CSR issues and accountable for the implementation of Tapestry mandated corrective actions.
- Drive the Tapestry strategies across to build strong and effective cross-functional relationships with the service provider.
- Leads and manages the SPs to exceed expectations as a high-performance supplier.
- Ensure maximum effort is put toward preventative measures and early awareness of prospective quality issues, both in the conceptual and manufacturing process.
- Drive recommendations to improve the process, record keeping, and resulting actions in the SP's quality assurance systems.
- Work with SPs to ensure they have the most suitable structure and strength of staff across all areas of production operations including quality enforcement and assessment
- Drive the resolution of all production-related issues and takes ownership of consistent execution and delivery of Monthly Production Plan for assigned SPs
- Influence assigned SPs and drives implementation of lean manufacturing techniques to maximize productivity.
- Drive implementation of new and innovative methods, equipment, materials, and techniques such as new industrial adhesives and applications.
- Degree holder with a minimum of 8 years working experience in sourcing handbags, accessories, footwear, or related product line
- With at least 2 years or above in managerial level gained from well-established companies
- Strong in sourcing, and working closely with vendors at all levels, with in-depth knowledge of all aspects of technical production
- A good team player and motivator with well-honed leadership skills
- Down-to-earth approach that nurtures and empowers the team
- Have the intellectual breadth and dexterity to think strategically and operationally in equal measure
- Gooddata analysis skills, and strong communication in written & oral both English and Mandarin
- Must have MS Excel function skills, and knowing SAP system is plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert