Assistant Print Designer
- New York City, New York (US)
- Closing date
- 10 Jun 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Assistant Print designer’s role is to support the design process by understanding the key codes of the Altuzarra brand and working to meet all standards, deadlines and aesthetic goals.
The ideal candidate will have proven luxury ready-to-wear experience, and will effectively support the Creative Director in developing all the prints from concept through to execution, and in keeping with the codes of the House. They will have an innate understanding and appreciation of the brand, both the DNA and the continued direction, and will have a desire to play a critical role in the continued brand evolution.
RESPONSIBILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY:
Works directly with the Design Director and Creative Director in the development and the execution of all RTW print designs for all collections, special projects and collaborations Research print inspiration references through market, online, books, and archives. Presents the Creative Director with inspiration on an ongoing basis in the form of techniques, trials or imagery Create original prints from scratch and/or through manipulation of existing artwork or branding elements Clean and color separate and create repeats for the artwork Create fresh, desirable and brand appropriate colorways of prints Create CADs of prints for in-house presentations Ensure digital presentation boards are updated with most accurate art and information Discuss priorities with supervisor and manage work schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals Partner with cross-functional departments within design, product development, raw materials and merchandising Knowledge of the latest techniques and developments in fabric manipulation Responsible for timeline adherence and ensures that work is completed in budgeted time and in accordance with collection schedules Works on technical packages for mills that will include: detailed drawings, technical finishing and fabric placements Work with development and production team to understand any changes needed and give direction for technique alteration in collection prior to production phase Organize digital files in shared folders Participate in Runway Show preparation
- College degree in Graphic Design, textile Design or related field 1-3 years of textile design work experience, in apparel market Excellent hand sketching/painting and CAD skills Highly-developed taste level and excellent color sense In-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes Strong sense of style and color and exceptional taste level Must be proficient in ability to illustrate Must be proficient in InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop (Adobe Suite) Proven strong presentation skills Exceptional time management skills, disciplined line plan and calendar adherence
Problem Solving and Process Building
- Solves problems proactively Anticipates challenges and finds solutions for them Looks for ways to improve processes Thinks analytically when considering data, and presents data clearly with a view to providing a decision aide Constantly seeks to improve processes
Team Work & Communication
- Escalates problems quickly and understands risks of not communicating issues quickly Seeks help when appropriate and comfortably Offers help to peers spontaneously Willing to assume roles as needed Communicates with clarity and precision Fosters open environment through idea sharing and active listening Builds sturdy and balanced business relationships with counterparties Builds trust Solicits and acts on feedback Gives feedback responsibly and with consideration with a view to helping the team members to learn, and the company to move forward effectively Understands and adopts the goals of the company and tries to achieve them Is exemplary in showing consideration, respect and kindness to team members and outside contacts. Voluntarily exchanges information and knowledge within the team Actively volunteers’ solutions
Attitude & Personal Attributes
- Adapts comfortably and actively Demonstrates high initiative Consistently demonstrates solution-driven attitude Favors the pragmatic to reach the goal Serves as a role model of professionalism Demonstrates poise and composure under pressure Enters into detail and still maintains global picture Learns fast Works meticulously and accurately Demonstrates good judgment Demonstrates maturity Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude
Altuzarra is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States.
“It is my desire to build a modern wardrobe for women to feel confident and sexy in their everyday lives.” - J.A.
Founded in New York by Creative Director Joseph Altuzarra in 2008, Altuzarra is a Luxury Women's Ready-to-Wear and Accessories brand seeking to inspire confidence, modernity and unapologetic sexiness.
ABOUT JOSEPH ALTUZARRA: Born and raised in Paris, Joseph Altuzarra has been keenly interested in the transformative power of fashion since a young age. His multicultural upbringing and avid interest in different facets of culture, ranging from film, literature to crafts are key influences throughout his collections.
Since the launch of Altuzarra in 2008, Joseph has received numerous accolades for his work, from Forbes’ 30 Under 30, Swarovski Award for Womenswear Design, as well as Business of Fashion’s #BoF500.
In 2014, Joseph was named by the Council of Fashion Designers America as the Womenswear Designer of the Year and in 2017, the Accessories Council’s Designer of the Year.
Apply for Assistant Print Designer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert