Raw Material Development Assistant (6 month contract))
- Florence, Italy
- Closing date
- 29 Jun 2023
- Entry Level / Assistant
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This position will support the Product Development team in delivering the end to end product development process in their respective category.
- Raw Material Orders (excel and FlexPLM)
- Requests to suppliers of Sampling Raw Material Technical Specs
- Stock checking in our warehouse/ BM warehouse of raw materials and their substitutions
- Shipment and Delivery of all upper components (structures and upper raw materials)
- Follow-up of sampling raw material orders with suppliers
- Follow-up with vendors for missing raw materials and daily deliveries
- Archiving of raw material masters for leather substitutions used during sampling
- Warehouse archiving, dividing raw materials by typology, making colour cards and lists of available stock.
- Some Product Development experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with large volumes of data entry, ensuring complete detail and accuracy even when working at speed
- Commercial awareness of product cost and tracking against budgets
- Good communication skills, able to effectively share information with the team in a clear, concise way
- Knowledge and passion for fashion and products in relevant category - 'fashion sensibility' - knowledge of trends, the market, the luxury consumer and peer awareness
- Demonstrated ability to operate at pace with flexibility, initiative and solution orientated
- Strong organisational skills
- Computer skills: PLM, excel, InDesign
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert