- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 5 Jul 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
- Responsible for financial closing for the APAC entities he/she supports and ensure financial record is in full compliance with IFRS and local GAAP requirements
- Ownership of the fixed assets and general ledger processes to ensure it's in full compliance with Group policies and operating effectively
- Maintain fixed assets register, perform Internal Orders creation / maintenance, record monthly depreciation, additions, transfers & disposals and perform GL postings
- Administrate recharge activity for intercompany on service and non-stock purchase orders
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations and proactively follow up any outstanding items to achieve a clean position for every month end closing
- Prepare monthly reporting and disclosure timely with high level of accuracy
- Respond to ad hoc queries from various stakeholders including Group Finance, Commercial Finance and business functions on a timely basis
- Coordinate with external tax agent and Group Tax for tax provision and prepare tax reporting package and schedules submission during interim and year end reporting
- Work with external tax agent and Group Tax on direct and indirect tax filing
- Liaise with external auditor, Group Finance and Company Secretary on annual audit, statutory reporting and other local compliance works
- Support supervisors on control compliance, system implementation, process enhancement projects and any ad-hoc assignments
- Follow up any system issues / queries and work with system support team to understand the root causes for resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance
- Professional accounting qualification (qualified or semi-qualified)
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in accounting role
- Advanced Excel skill is essential and SAP experience is highly preferred
- Good command of both spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Previous working experience in MNC, Retail and Shared Services is highly preferred
- Local compliance experience including tax filing and statutory reporting is an added advantage
- Customer services oriented with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working attitude, well-organized, self-motivated and attention to details
- Able to demonstrate appetite for delivering continuous improvement
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Hong Kong S.A.R || Not Applicable || Hong Kong S.A.R || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert