Director Merchandise Planning - Calvin Klein
- Calvin Klein
- New York, New York, United States of America
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
- Sales & Business Development
- Director / President / C Suite
- Full Time
The Director of Merchandise Planning will be key partner to Brand Merchandising and Global/NA Channels to create and develop seasonal merchandising strategies and product plans by leveraging point of sale data, historical investments and partnering effectively with divisional leaders to understand and address business opportunities and challenges.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Strategic Financial Analysis:
- Collaborate with Global/NA Channels' Buying/Planning/Sales teams to present topline financial targets and category plans and provide analytical insights to drive strategic decisions
- Partner with Channels to develop seasonal margin targets and work closely with Supply and Merchandising teams to drive for margin improvements
- Drive validation of current pricing structure through analysis of competitor pricing and recommend updates to price positioning on opening price points, Good/Better/Best price tiers, category relationship. Partner with regions to understand pricing strategy from a holistic global perspective.
- Participate in costing reviews and report on margin updates throughout the product development process
- Create short- and long-term product assortment strategies for Globe/NA in partnership with Merchandising that align with the Brand vision, financial plan targets and customer experience goals for all categories, full-price and off-price lines
- Evolve product line architecture as needed and develop pre-season range plans that tie to topline strategies and offer guidance on channel segmentation
- Provide style/sku planning guidance to ensure style/sku adoption rate targets are achieved to drive selling productivity
- Engage Global/NA Channels' Buying/Planning/Sales teams to develop strategies, identify opportunities, and address regional needs and voids in assortment and buys
- Partner with Global Supply Planning to review pre-season key program and fabric platforming to ensure never-out-of-stock on core essentials
- Maintain seamless communication between Brand Merchandising, Global/NA Channels' Buying/Planning/Sales teams, Global Supply Planning, Sourcing/Supply partners
- Provide both qualitative and quantitative insights at seasonal hindsights and investment reviews, drawing conclusions to inform future product line architecture.
- Analyze the business on an on-going basis to understand core drivers; identify opportunities and risks and partner with divisional leaders to respond appropriately
- Participate in key external customer meetings to ensure clear understanding of strategy, performance, and product opportunities
- Define consistent "language" for use by all Channels to ensure common process is in place to recap KPIs.
- Solicit and perform ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Manage, train, and develop Merchandise Planner
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 8+ years of experience in a retail or wholesale environment, including time as a Planner, Buyer, or as Retail business analyst
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Merchandising or other related field
- Demonstrated retail math and business acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, selling and inventory productivity measures
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills including presenting complex material in an organized and compelling manner
- Strategic thinker who recognizes opportunities and can recommend strategies by building business case and influence senior leaders to move to execution
- High level of conceptual creative ability. Strong product sense with proven experience in driving product assortments and partnering with divisional leaders to lead investment strategies that drive business
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail, problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills - communication between functional groups is critical
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ACS, SAP, 7th On-Line, Lighthouse, Visulon preferred
Pay Range: $140,000 - $155,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
For five decades, CALVIN KLEIN has been a cultural catalyst, creating a legacy of iconic imagery and provocative conversation while retaining its American DNA and youth-inspired designs. Our associates are a group of talented individuals with unique personalities and perspectives. At CALVIN KLEIN, we take risks, embrace differences and strive to make a positive impact on the world. Above all, we care passionately for the brand, our customer and each other. Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, CALVIN KLEIN is one of the world’s largest and most successful designer fashion brands. We are driven by our associates, creating one of the most visionary workforces in fashion. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and the future we are creating. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN products exceeded $8 billion in 2017, and CALVIN KLEIN branded products are distributed in 110+ countries. CALVIN KLEIN employs a worldwide network of over 10,000 associates and operates more than 2,000 free-standing stores globally. Calvin Klein, Inc. was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
- 020 589 9888
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert