Acct, Staff - Lease - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
This position is responsible for the full scope of lease accounting and administration duties for their assigned portfolio of leases. This includes ensuring proper accounting and payment of minimum rent, common area maintenance, real estate taxes, and various other additional rental charges. The position performs detailed audits of all occupancy expenses, including shopping center co-tenancy requirement reviews. The position communicates daily with landlords, property managers, as well as internal staff, including Chico's real estate and legal departments, to accomplish their duties. The position ensures lease compliance while focusing on cost recovery.
F UNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintains proper accounting; timely and accurate payments to landlords, for all lease required charges, including minimum rent, common area maintenance (CAM), real estate taxes (RET), promotional fund dues, and additional rent charges.
- Maintains all financial fields within Lucernex, the lease administration software application used to manage all Chico's FAS store operating lease.
- Responsible for the initial financial lease abstractions which will require review, interpretation, and inputting of the financial aspects of agreements to ensure that all lease payments are properly recorded to the correct account and time-period to ensure data integrity necessary for departmental reporting and analysis.
- Performs desktop audits of all occupancy expenses, including annual CAM and RET reconciliations to ensure that all payments are in full compliance of the lease terms.
- Identifies, researches, and formulates claims, as well as negotiates settlement and pursues collection and resolution of all overcharges, in line with the department goal of maximizing occupancy savings.
- Identifies potential landlord overcharges, reviews, and properly interprets lease language to support the audit function. Requests and analyzes supporting documentation, Initiates dispute for suspected billing errors, Clearly and professionally communicates revisions and gains landlord's approval of same.
- Maintains positive landlord relationships, acting as primary contact to Landlord for all lease accounting issues. Reconciles accounts and research of outstanding landlord balances. Responds to telephone calls and/or e-mails externally with landlords, and internally with real estate, legal, accounts payable, and financial accounting regarding all lease accounting matters.
- Ensures that gross sales are reported, and percentage rent calculated and paid in accordance with the Lease terms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required
- 0-2 years' experience required
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, Word, and Microsoft e-mail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience in Lease Accounting preferred
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert