Asst, Technical Designer - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 2 Jul 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
This position is primarily responsible for assisting Technical Designers with various tasks including sample preparation, fit session administration, and data entry functions as appropriate by Brand. Assists in meeting departmental goals and ensuring Brand integrity throughout fit process while keeping the customer in mind.
- Assists in the preparation of daily fittings: measures samples; evaluates garment fit and construction as it relates to the specific standard requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of technical packages in including entry of measurements, pictures, sketches and additional relevant information into PLM system.
- Assists in entering fit notes and comments into PLM system.
- Assists with the coordination/scheduling/set up of meetings.
- Communicates daily with vendors via fax and e-mail on various technical issues.
- Administers the receipt and organization of garments.
- May oversee the wear trial process including evaluating wear trial results, tracking product under testing and maintenance of the participant database.
- Supports Tech leaders in completing departmental goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Fashion Design or related field
- 1-2+ years in fashion apparel industry required
- Understanding of garment manufacturing preferred
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Share required
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite preferred
- Experience using Web based applications, i.e. FLEM PLM or comparable software preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for apparel business and ability to work effectively as a team player
- Knowledge of pattern software preferred (Optitex, CLO, Brozwear)
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert