- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The role of the Business Analyst is to provide clarity on what is required for our technology solutions to satisfy business requirements from all stakeholder groups. They work with the business to analyse, ratify and document requirements and processes, thus helping delivery teams to prioritise deliveries to maximise business value.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to work within our Digital IT team, to help bridge the gap between the business needs and the technical requirements on a range of complex, challenging and strategically key Ecommerce initiatives. You will work in partnership with your delivery team to identify & implement solutions across our Digital Platforms and Customer Journeys, all aiming to meet the needs of our broader Digital strategy.
You will be joining a team of skilled professionals including Product Owners, Project Managers, Development and Creative teams, and will be part of and working closely with a wider community of Business Analysts within the Digital portfolio and across the organisation.
Cultural fit is really important to us - we work in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment and look for individuals who thrive in this type of setting. We also look for lateral thinkers who can think outside of the box and are capable of confidently and effectively challenging scope and solutions, for the better.
- Lead inception and discovery activities for key projects to provide clarity, facilitating workshops to derive and gather high-level requirements, dependencies and create high level approach
- Use facilitation techniques alongside business and technical knowledge to drive out requirements from a range of business, technical and creative partners and stakeholders
- Engage with the product owner, stakeholders, third party vendors and others as needed to ratify, align and sense-check the 'what' (requirement), the 'why' (benefit) and the 'how' (solution)
- Support Project manager in planning for the business and technical impact of a project, including business change mapping, implementation and adoption
- Utilise agile tools (JIRA, confluence, etc) to communicate and document clear, unambiguous functional and non-functional business requirements to agreed standards
- Partner with Solution Architects and Development teams to maintain on-going engagement and clarity of requirements throughout delivery, ensuring the solution is fit for purpose
- Map and work with relevant stakeholders to highlight business process changes resulting from implementation of new features and/or initiatives
- Identify and understand impact of technical and feature dependencies across the digital estate and action accordingly to ensure consistency in requirements across streams and platform
- Be proactive in flagging, escalating and owning the resolution of issues arising as they relate to the gathering or ratification of requirements or the health of the backlog/sprint
- Support, evolve and consistently contribute to maintaining high-quality ways of working and outputs from the Digital BA team
- At least 2-3 years of business analysis experience in projects/programmes of work within the Digital/Ecommerce space
- Solid experience working in an Agile environment (preferably Scrum)
- Experience working in an offshore/distributed team model
- Demonstrated thought leadership and/or proven experience in defining a lean requirements delivery strategy and process
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the creative, retail or consumer goods industries, is preferred
- An open, curious, and inquisitive mind
- Self-motivated, independent, passionate and able to acclimate into a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively in both technical and business settings and to all levels of stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial with good judgment and people skills
- Strong partnering and collaboration skills
- Ability to ask the right questions and structure input
- Ability to visualise ideas and processes
Additional qualifications or competencies
- BCS/other Business Analysis qualification or demonstrable experience
- Accredited and/or experienced in agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean)
- Familiar with process mapping tools, LucidChart, Visio, Omnigraffle, etc.
- Good in Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || DIGITAL || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert