Senior Manager, Visual Merchandising - West Region
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Closing date
- 31 May 2023
- Visual Merchandising
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Reporting to the Director of Global Visual Merchandising, The Senior Manager Visual Merchandising Ready to Wear will be responsible for the VM physical stores in product styling. The area in charge: global Showrooms, VM guidelines, and Windows styling. Product category covers Menswear, Womenswear and Childrenswear. This role is blend of art and commerce and co-partner with corporate product divisions to create direction to global stores. Recapping VM presentation each month and sharing Best Practices will enable us to create consistency through all retail channels from on-line, retail and wholesale.
The role will be hands on with a very strong eye for styling detail and a great knowledge of product. Communication skills will be an essential part of this role and will enable this individual to fulfil their role at an optimum level.
- Manage all global showroom setups for Ready to Wear 6 times a year, working with the Global VM team to represent the brand, always balancing art and commerce.
- Partner with Global VM and Merchandising team to set seasonal products assortments during the each market.
- Manage to publish Global VM guidelines including seasonal floor sets, monthly product updates and product styling and presentation by organising VM guideline shooting and floor set review with corporate merchandising team and ensuring brand presentation in store presents physical and digital seamless customer experience.
- Work with the regional VM teams to ensure monthly product launches by organising pre and post floor set launch call and visits stores.
- Establish Visual Merchandising Standard guideline and develop Visual Merchandising training scheme.
- Work on styling global window guidelines with the Visual Display team and review styling for executions.
- Research creative ideas and solutions to enhance existing product setups.
- Collate research of competitor's displays.
- Fashion/Art/Visual Merchandising background with minimum 5 years experiences.
- Strong Ready to Wear VM experience, ideally having worked with a number of luxury brands as well as broader experience in Ready to Wear categories including Childresnwear.
- Great experience of global VM working experiences.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Good knowledge of Adobe systems including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $120,000.00 and $130,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || California (US-CA) || Los Angeles || VISUAL MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FIS9016 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert