Senior Delivery Manager
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 4 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution, marketing and into our global store network. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The Retail IT Team have responsibility for the delivery and running of Burberry's core IT systems in our global store network. The team are a small and nimble team who deliver large and small business services / capabilities through a variety of internal teams and external vendors to drive value for the global store estate. Retail IT partner into the central Retail Operations Business Team and our Regional IT teams, to ensure the alignment of the global technology strategies and multi-regional initiatives that underpin the business strategy.
You will work closely with the Senior Portfolio Relationship Manager, who drives the shaping and definition of the Retail IT portfolio, with you being accountable for the delivery of the associated projects and programmes. You will support the Retail IT Director, staying close to key business activities across the global store network and aligning to Regional IT plans.
Collaborating with and managing other IT Teams and 3rd Parties you will ensure the smooth delivery of our project portfolio ultimately transitioning Programmes and Projects into Service. You will have direct responsibility for the Project Management and Test & Release functions within the team. You will own the Retail IT Delivery Plan, communicating progress against commitments to key stakeholders through formal governance forums.
Disciplines with the team include the standard plan, risk, cost and quality dynamics of the PM function, along with environment, test and release management. Developing our people to progress their careers is a core expectation of senior leaders in Burberry.
Delivery & Stakeholder Management
You are expected to take hands on leadership for our larger programmes whilst leading the team of Project Managers to deliver the team portfolio. You will be expected to build positive relationships within the Retail IT Team, broader internal stakeholders and our external vendor network. Key to success is the control and execution of strong programme delivery to deliver business value at the earliest opportunity.
You will be expected to cover for the Retail IT Director as and when required.
Managing a team of project delivery professionals, you will know what good looks like and strive to develop the team to grow their careers, focussing on acquiring additional Skills, Knowledge and Experience.
You will be accountable for the annual multi £m portfolio budget to deliver the Retail IT portfolio. You will also support the Retail IT Director in building the annual budget submission for future projects aligned to the business strategy.
We continue to evolve our ways of working so having a 'continuous improvement' mindset will be key, with you driving the evolution of our delivery framework. We run both Waterfall and Agile projects in our portfolio but continuously look to evolve our ways of working with our business stakeholders, other IT teams and our external vendor network.
- Programme delivery & Agile delivery experience, preferably in the retail industry
- Experience leading multi discipline teams, with direct or indirect line management
- Strong Stakeholder Management at various levels across IT and/or the Business is an advantage
- Experience working with 3rd party suppliers and internal support teams
- Budget Management
- Continuous improvement and problem solving are a strong advantage
- Experience in managing a multi project portfolio, balancing priorities against scarce resources
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively in both technical and business settings and to all levels of stakeholders
- Inspires passion and role-models creative thinking and sustainable practice
- Challenges, collaborates and encourages excellence for Burberry, our customers, our communities
- Takes ownership for a culture of inclusion, sustainability and integrity.
- Prioritises development, cultivates morale and safeguards wellbeing so all colleagues can bring their authentic selves to work.
- Celebrates and nurtures brand connection and pride bringing our purpose to life.
- Acts in the best interests of the brand, the environment and our communities.
- Creates space for innovation, to take risks and push boundaries.
- Drives decisions and manages workload.
- Celebrates successes and learns from mistakes.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || RETAIL || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert