Manager, Brand Communications
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Manager, Brand Communications will be responsible for execution and development of Bloomingdale's external communications strategy to support our brand narrative and drive brand awareness. This role will support key storytelling initiatives including product launches, special events, store openings and renovations, digital initiatives, holiday campaigns, and more. Media relations will be central to this role, with collaboration and leveraging existing relationships and developing new relationships with members of the media, influencers, and Bloomingdale's vendors, to drive brand awareness. Effective communication and collaboration skills are critical in this role; this position requires frequent communication with multiple teams and divisions.
- In partnership with Dir. Brand Communications, develop and execute dynamic press and earned media strategies to support key product launches, special events, new store openings, major campaigns, and philanthropy. Draft press releases and pitch story angles to support Bloomingdale's brand narrative
- Liaise with media contacts across trade, consumer, lifestyle, fashion, and broadcast outlets
- Draft PR support materials: media lists, media pitches, briefing documents, talking points, fact sheets, gift guides, and external pitch decks
- Partner with cross-functional departments (Fashion Office, Marketing, Social Media, Visual, Buying) to support comprehensive PR plans that tie to business goals.
- Support facilitation of media interviews for senior management and Fashion Office. Manage branch store PR press requests for regional coverage
- Maintain in- depth knowledge of current trends, fashion, entertainment news, high-profile media events
- An interest and passion for news, press, social media, and emerging media platforms along with knowledge of luxury fashion is key
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
3-5 years direct experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Established network of media, industry, and influencer relationships
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 15 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert