We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. This role will serve as a subject matter expert and a partner in developing and executing the standards, policies and strategies for the Company's social compliance and worker empowerment programs with respect to suppliers. We are looking for a passionate team member who will be able to work collaboratively and productively with internal business teams, as well as vendors, suppliers and other service providers to ensure the Company's standards and goals are achieved. Responsibilities
- Communicate with factory management concerning social compliance audit findings and enforcement of the Company's Code of Conduct
- Draft and conducting trainings related to social compliance topics
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation concerning the social compliance program, including with respect to audits and training
- Coordinate, schedule and oversee the onboarding of new suppliers with respect to relevant requirements
- Upload and retrieve data from the company's software tools and database.
- Provide oversight of and actively participate in key partnerships with ILO Better Work, Sustainable Apparel Coalition and RISE and stay current on industry developments
- Conduct research on suppliers as needed
- Proactively identify reputational risks and collaborate with business partners and suppliers on creative and practical solutions
- Identify and escalate issues and/or patterns and proactively conduct root cause analyses and determine and implement recommended improvements
- Evaluate performance of suppliers, including reviewing audit findings, monitoring country risks and identifying trends
- Perform risk analyses in with social compliance topics
- Conduct direct factory assessments, desk top audits and shadow audits and assist with investigations where necessary.
- Participate in other company initiatives and programs as directed
- Degree holder in business or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in similar position(s) gained in sizable organization
- Experience working across a global enterprise with multiple stakeholders in production, sourcing, and sustainability functions Practical hands-on experience as auditor/monitoring function
- Sound judgment, communication, inter-personal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Action-oriented, able to prioritize and juggle multiple matters
- Good command of English, both speaking and writing
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ BASE PAY RANGE TO
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary