- Hato Store
- Kings Cross / Barbican
- Leading a team in a creative and versatile retail environment. £30,000 + Benefits
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
Overview & Background
Hato Store is looking for a Store Manager to join our growing team and lead the day to day runnings of our much loved store in Kings Cross. The role is perfect for someone who is incredibly driven and has an entrepreneurial spirit to take ownership and pride in the overall running and experience in store, online, as well as with our longstanding collaborators, brands and extra projects. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in the creative sectors, retail & fashion.
About Hato Store:
Hato Store is a concept store that was founded in March 2020. We exist both online and from our store in London, offering well crafted and uncommon objects to be celebrated and explored. We aren't limited to conventional retail experiences and will always look at evolving and innovating in order to bring new perspectives and ideas to our customers. We offer a curated selection of fashion, printed matter, design items and objects working with established brands and designers as well as emerging makers and talent as we discover them.
The store is one part of HATO’s creative practice and forms part of the design studio (HATO) and publishing house (Hato Press)
You will form part of the wider HATO family as the manager of Hato Store. Forming part of the management team, you will be brand advocate for the store and will work alongside the directors and art director to develop and maintain high standard across the store and online store. The store manager is key in nurturing the team and culture as well as driving the success of the store and all targets set including KPI’s to generate revenue and new engagement for the business. Oversee and manage operations for the physical and online store to supporting the store team to achieve a high level of standard at all times. The role is split between the store in Kings Cross and the design studio located in the Golden Lane Estate, London.
- First point of contact for the store and all communications on site and online.
- Generate weekly and monthly KPI’s making sure the store team and online meet these targets.
- Responsible for inventory and stock levels for the physical store and online shop.
- Maintain a presentable and high standard of presentation and service in the store at all times.
- Manage part-time store members that includes: store rota, holiday requests, sickness, time off etc.
- Conduct staff training that includes: new product launches and customer service.
- Leading 1-1 appraisals for store team members for performance and set targets with each member for personal development.
- Operations for physical store, including: cleaning and ordering materials to support the overall running to the highest standard.
- Lead on events and launches at the store, developing concepts with the senior team & managing the logistics from start to finish.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Coal Drops yard management team supplying month reports and sales data.
- Maintain a strong relationship with surrounding businesses in Kings Cross for engagement.
Ecommerce and Online Comms
Responsible for maintaining customer support for the store on all digital platforms, including: emails, instagram, facebook and intercom systems.
Contribute to social media content ensuring all brand guidelines are met at all times.
Work with senior management on how to generate engagement and build online presence.
Manage and create online listings for new products on the store website, including regular product reviews and housekeeping to a high level of detail.
Responsible for the upkeep of Hato Store’s homepage and collection pages online, this includes: merchandising products, descriptions, creating seasonal collections.
Responsible for online order fulfilment from the physical store and supporting the store team,
this includes: packaging, international shipments and customer returns.
Assist the Art Director on managing photographers and freelancers.
Work closely with the Art Director to deliver new product launches/collections that includes: logistics and operational tasks such as stock management, samples and props for photography.
Administration and Reporting
- Working with the senior management to produce annual budgets that include: Cash flow forecasts, monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Contribute to a dynamic strategy to hit year targets and produce revenue.
- Present a weekly update and monthly sales report to the senior management. Highlighting targets, areas to improve, any new trends and general updates from the physical store.
- Work with the accounts team to deliver and process invoices, monthly pay-runs for the store team.
- Assist department head to place orders and build relationships with suppliers
- Maintain stock levels by re-ordering from existing suppliers
- Working with the senior team and store buyer to plan new collections for the year ahead.
- Supporting the senior team in overall business strategy.
- Highly organised and detail focused
- Some weekend days required with weekdays off in lieu.
- Self driven with a high level of motivation
- Ability to lead a team and motivate the people around you
- Positive and solution oriented attitude
- Ability to identify and prioritise important tasks under pressure
- Works well as part of team and in a multi-tasking environment
- 2 years minimum experience in retail or management role
- A warm and personable manor and high level of customer service skills
- Interest and understanding of the design and creative industries
Software, Apps, Equipment:
The role will require the use of the following systems, training will be provided where needed.
- Shopify/Shopify POS
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Presentations and Cal.
- Receipt Bank
- Adobe CC (Ps, Ai, Id, Lr, Acrobat) - not essential
Note: Applicants must send a CV and cover letter
Apply for Store Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert