Merchandising Admin Assistant
- Fred Perry
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Entry Level / Assistant
Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
The Merchandising Admin Assistant is responsible for the merchandise allocation of all product categories for the retail business with the objective of meeting financial and merchandising goals.
The Merchandising Admin Assistant helps to identify opportunities at a store level and communicate them to the team by effectively and systematically providing accurate information for allocation planning, stock replenishment and trading purposes to ensure stock is directed to stores in the right volumes at the right time to optimise profitability.
- Provide support to the Merchandising Team by taking an active role in analysing sales trends, monitoring deliveries and maintaining stock levels across all channels.
- Retail Purchase Order management
- Allocate stock across all channels according to distribution Plan using both system tools and manual pushes
- Analyse and manage stock levels throughout the week across all locations, both digital and physical
- Review line performance and adapt replenishment schedules accordingly, with approval from the Assistant Merchandiser, and initiate stock consolidations where needed
- Action any price or product code changes and promotional activity
- Set up and maintain a distribution plan
- Produce and distribute any company trade reports such as Best Seller reports, Store Category and Sales by Channel reports on a weekly basis, as well as any other ad hoc reporting as requested by the Merchandising Manager
- Numerate with strong analytical ability
- Advanced Excel knowledge preferred
- Team player – build strong and cooperative relationships cross functionally across the business
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Proactive and a good time manager
- Good communication skills
- Commercial Awareness – Demonstrate a good understanding of what is happening in the retail market and the impact this may have on our business
- A passionate individual who knows and understands the brand
- A digitally savvy individual who understands the the digital journey of the brand
- Able to problem solve whilst following overall direction
- Comfortable multi-tasking and managing a variety of projects at once
- A keen social and cultural awareness, and an understanding of social and digital trading
- Ideally some experience in a similar role
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.
In 1952, Fred Perry founded his brand, designing his first pique tennis shirt the same year. That shirt would transcend sportswear to streetwear on the backs of generation after generation of British youth subcultures. The shirt is the start and end of everything we do, because it’s more than a shirt – it’s a rite of passage, it’s the uniform of the non-uniform. A true icon.
Fred Perry has never adjusted its course for anyone. Never tied itself to the latest subculture. This philosophy has led to long term collaborations with like-minded partners, from Comme des Garçons to Amy Winehouse and from Raf Simons to Charlie Casely-Hayford.
Our head office is in the heart of London. It’s where everything happens from Design, Product Development, Customer Service and Operations. We have over 200 shops around the world, from Glasgow to Brighton, Paris, New York, Shanghai and Tokyo to name a few. We are proud to have a community of customers from all over the world, adopting the Fred Perry Shirt in their own unique way.
- 07825 344700
Fred Perry Ltd
37 Mount Pleasant
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert