Who we are
Coperni is a Parisian ready to wear & accessories brand designed by Arnaud Vaillant and Sébastien Meyer, established in 2013.
The brand infuses a thorough knowledge of embroidery techniques, streamlined with a linear sensibility that marries origami-like technique with a neat, ‘sportif’ silhouette.
The brand name Coperni was inspired by the works of the mathematician Nicolas Copernicus, who’s research on Heliocentrism inspired the designer’s visual world.
The whole model of the movement of the solar system around the sun is what inspired the designers to produce movement and architectural structures into their designs.
Who we're looking for
The Coperni team are looking for a Technical Developer with a proven experience developing RTW collections with an excellent technical design skillset who will work across all product categories from concept to production.
What your day to day will look like
- Working closely with the design team on development of each collection from initial design concept through to preparation for bulk production
- Monitor the line-up and track designs, from launch through the development stage to SMS sample to ensure the product meets business expectations
- Follow the critical path and help to ensure that development deadlines are met, flagging issues early to relevant parties, helping to avoid and resolve problems and communicating changes to the Development Team.
- Completing the Tech Packs from creation to production handover, ensuring that all parties fill in their relevant areas and that all data is up-to-date and correct, and tracking any changes (BOM, CAD, Make, Lay plans, Model file, Measurements)
- Attend all fittings from first toile to SMS sample, document fitting notes and communicate the notes to the relevant pattern cutters
- Making sure that all tapes and fusing’s are marked correctly in the Tech Packs
- Making sure the finishing’s are the same throughout all styles in each fabric groups and that all information is communicated effectively to each relevant department
- Measuring of all SMS samples excluding toiles and completing the relevant sections on the Tech Packs
- Creating and updating a finishing list for the Tech Pack and liaising with the machinists to ensure the highest quality is met
- Maintain consistency of quality and fit across all collections
- Communicate fit, quality and construction requirements to manufactures through sample comments
- Visiting factories to ensure EW quality and performance standards are met
What you need to succeed
- Must have previous 5-7 years of PD experience within the luxury market
- Strong technical understanding of the luxury market
- Problem solving mindset with the ability to find innovative solutions in line with creative vision
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing in Europe
- Excellent understanding of patterns, garment construction and fit
- Knowledge Zedonk, Photoshop and Illustrator skills desired
- Accustomed to working to tight deadlines and being able to multi task across changing priorities
- A team player with great interpersonal skills