London-based luxury leather goods brand Métier is looking for a highly motivated Production Controller.
Reporting to the Financial & Operations Director, this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-scaling luxury brand, working on optimising all costs related to product development and production.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Control all financial aspects of Product Development and Production
- Responsible for the costing and margin process (ensuring the required level of profitability is met) Assess gross margin gaps to current/forecasted targets to identify risks/opportunities
- Responsible for the order of raw materials from our suppliers
- Negotiate favourable production costing to achieve margin targets Ensure reliability of raw material inventory and consumption
- Ensure accuracy of management control and costing information in the EDP system
- Track raw materials used for prototypes and their associated costs
- Create and update the identity card of each product from development to production
- Manage each collection budget and all topics related to Product Development and Production
- Oversee the product lifecycle management software and its use by the Production Development & Production team as well as its interaction with Brightpearl (ERP)
- Review overall costs to identify opportunities for improvement and propose solutions (e.g., improve control over raw material flows, product cost optimisation/improvement, improve prototype/sample shipping costs)
- Build seasonal and yearly budgets for the Product Development department (to be approved by the executive team and board) Build seasonal and yearly budgets for Production, balancing supplier and financial needs.
- Act as a key link between Finance, Product Development/ Production and Design/ Merchandising
Key Personal Competencies /Skills
We are a small team, so you must be proactive and willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. We are looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Deep understanding of BOM, product costing and margin
- English and Italian speaker
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Data-driven and analytical with a strong ability to use data to present findings to the team
- Highly motivated, hardworking, and flexible; comfortable with change