Programme Manager, Corporate Responsibility
- Milan, Italy
- Closing date
- 3 Jul 2023
Location: Milan or Scandicci/Florence
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As Responsibility Programme Manager, you will be managing Burberry's ethical trading strategy across the EMEIA Region. You will be responsible for mitigating the reputational risk of the brand in the EMEIA supply chain by conducting monitoring, capacity building and training activities across a number of vendors, subcontractors, nominated facilities and raw material suppliers.
The role requires strong project and stakeholder management proficiency, as well as excellent negotiation and communication skills. You will be working with a wide range of stakeholders on roadmap definition, data collection and progress towards ethical trading agenda goals to successfully advance Burberry's ethical trading roadmap across EMEIA supply chain. Due to the nature of this role, regular travel across Europe is required.
- Investigate and Contribute to consolidate visibility across EMEIA value supply chain
- Collaborate with supply chain internal functions to ensure successful on-boarding of new partners and factories as the business requires
- Manage Compliance activities and support existing projects across EMEIA supply chain
- Design and deploy scalable and timely remediation initiatives and capacity building programmes across the EMEIA supply chain
- Provide support to Vendor Ownership Programme implementation
- Support supply chain partners on social compliance requests and advise on broader ethical trading queries, in line with Burberry policies and procedures
- Engage with relevant internal teams to ensure information exchange and alignment and with external stakeholders to ensure Social Agenda deployment and implementation across EMEIA region
- Ensure robust impact measurement and reporting
- Professional experience in supply chain compliance management, social audit or a similar role
- Knowledge of the social, environmental and economic issues across the EMEIA Supply Chain, and associated labour legislation
- Exceptional communication skills and stakeholder management capability
- Strong influencing ability while ensuring empathy and diplomacy
- Fluency in Italian & English essential (written and spoken)
- Ability to travel, both nationally and internationally
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert