At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This is an exciting opportunity to assist the EMEIA team provide Commercial Finance support to key stakeholders including Finance (CFO & Finance Director) , VP Wholesale and other key Functional Heads. Working to help drive performance, provide analytical support , develop strong business partnering skills this is a role which will suit someone looking for a challenge in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will get to actively engage with the Brand, stores, peers and product through store visits, showroom visits, peer visits. Keeping up to date with financial results, marketing campaigns and industry news which will further strengthen the full commercial experience.
• Support the Senior Finance Manager in reviewing the overall monthly Functional and Wholesale P&L's, ensuring numbers are accurate and robust as well as highlighting / investigating key variances.
• Support / Partner with Functional Teams to deliver operational Budgets through monthly communication of cost performance identifying any risks or opportunities on spend.
• Work collaboratively with Wholesale Team and Customer Ops to align on Revenue and Margin targets throughout the year.
• Provide Monthly / Quarterly insights to Regional & Group Finance teams on Wholesale Margin and Seasonal Performance.
• Assist with the provision of revenue scenarios as well as ad hoc analysis to support decision making by key stake holders.
• Assist in the delivery of Wholesale Cashflow Forecast, Capex Appraisal and Group Templates
• Responsible for timely production and distribution of key weekly performance reports & preparation of Monthly Performance reviews with VP Wholesale & FDs of Functional Costs.
• Work with Burberry Business Service team in establishing or improving processes to support smooth delivery of month end close, any transaction related activities and month end reporting.
Planning Budgeting & Forecasting
• Work with the Senior Finance Manager in the preparation of Budgets and Forecast for key Functional Costs (Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Client Engagement, Legal, Tax, Finance and Head Office people costs).
• Work with Senior Finance Manager in the preparation of Wholesale Revenue & Cost budgets
• Regular interaction with Regional and Global Finance teams to ensure cost, forecast and budget alignment with corporate requirements.
• Assist with monthly forecast updates identifying Risks and Opportunities for Wholesale & Functional Costs.
• Partly Qualified/Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA, CA, CIMA or equivalent)
• Business Partnering experience ideal
• Commercial outlook
• Strong communication skills - written and oral;
• Works on own initiative; self-motivated; adaptable; able to work in fast-paced, changeable environment; solution-driven.
• Good team player; prioritise skills within tight timescales; attention to detail.
• Strong analytical background, with a good attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Proven track record of delivering change and driving improvements.
• Advanced Excel Skills
• BPC / SAP experience an advantage.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || COMMERCIAL FINANCE || n/a ||