Senior Responsibility Programme Manager
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our
As the Senior Programme Manager, Corporate Responsibility, you will be driving exciting and forward-thinking projects across the full Corporate Responsibility agenda, ensuring that all aspects of each project are moving ahead at pace, on schedule and adhering to Burberry processes. This role will also lead our approach to sustainability across non-stock procurement, partnering with internal teams including marketing, digital, visual merchandising, procurement, supply chain and merchandising to propel corporate responsibility activities in these areas.
This role will ensure the best possible outcome for projects both strategically and creatively, by ensuring each phase is handled to best affect, with timings and milestones suitably protected at each stage of the process. Stakeholder management is a key part of this role - both in bringing together decision making for leadership, as well as raising risks and addressing challenges effectively.
This is a full time, permanent role and we're flexible as to where you are based. We have offices in London & Leeds and operate a hybrid working policy.
- Programme management and delivery against Burberry's product sustainability targets and programmes, working closely with the Responsibility Programme director
- Programme manage delivery of Burberry consumer engagement plan; by tracking delivery of key workstreams across Sustainable Products, Services and Packaging
- Leading the development and delivery of Burberry's non stock sustainability strategy in collaboration with the business stakeholders and the wider Corporate Responsibility team
- Creating relevant engagement and trainings sessions for non-stock teams, including sharing sustainability guidelines, peer benchmarking, industry research and inspiration
- Driving business ownership for the sustainability agenda in non-stock teams and embed into ways of working by working closely with the business and building strong stakeholder relationships
- Developing and managing partnerships with peers, NGO's and other external partners where appropriate to support delivery of the agenda and drive business value
- Line management of 1 team member
You can read more about our approach to responsibility here
- Experience working at a senior level in sustainability and/or strategy consultancy within a consultancy form or similar industry
- Excellent knowledge of fashion supply chains, design and manufacturing processes
- Experience and good understanding of sustainability and circular economy topics within the fashion sector
- Excellent programme management, organisational skills and a results-orientated mindset
- Demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven track record of driving change through others
- Experience of inspiring and engaging creative teams on sustainability topics
- Proven track of influencing business stakeholders at various seniority levels and driving change
- Solid understanding in and passion for environmental sustainability issues and impact measurement
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert