Senior Manager, Commercial Strategy
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 29 Jun 2023
- Senior Manager
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As our Senior Manager, Commercial Strategy at Burberry, you will be leading network optimisation activities for Burberry across a number of verticals, covering planning, investment prioritisation and performance management to ultimately provide us the platform for significant store productivity gains.
This role will predominately partner and collaborate with our Finance, Architecture and Retail Operations teams to influence and guide performance across product and space within our store network. Working closely with senior stakeholders across the business, you will drive analysis to answer questions, resolve business challenges and secure buy-in and commercial support for new initiatives and innovation.
This role is offered on a fixed term basis for a period of 12 months and will be based in our offices in Horseferry House, Westminster, London.
Store network strategy and investment
- Managing global store project planning and delivery monitoring, liaising with key stakeholders across Finance, Architecture and Retail Operations to ensure optimum data quality and approval processes are followed and enabled for accurate reporting
- Managing our Network master plan and holding master data for all store network activities, forecasts and actuals.
- Establishing process and governance for new concept stores, regularly reporting on store performance, productivity and profitability
- Capex analysis, planning and prioritisation
- Ownership of governance and frameworks to support store planning for specific commercial objectives, inputting into the store planning process and leading space productivity projects
- Partnering with the Product Strategy, Visual Merchandising, Retail and Architecture teams to understand and link strategies across the store design and planning process, in conjunction with ideal store floor plan guidelines.
- Utilising internal and external data/expertise to ensure relevancy and reach of performance targets, collating feedback around design, layout planning and options
- Experience in the luxury retail industry, within a strategy role, senior retail management or operations function
- Numerous examples in delivering project/programmes on budget and within set timeframes
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written) essential
- Commercial awareness and acumen within the retail sector, specifically around strategy and innovation
- Proven ability to drive efficiencies and productivity of Retail spaces through project management and process improvement
- Outstanding relationship building and communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Effective line management skills, with the ability to motivate and lead to achieve results
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert