As a Senior Corporate Accountant, you'll join a growing team and prepare monthly consolidation, forecast, and financial statements for finance leaders. You'll partner with internal leaders across NMG and work with external auditors, actuaries, and other advisors. You'll participate in compliance activities and identify accounting process enhancements. You and the team benefit from NMG's Way of Working, which is a framework across all teams to work smarter, be present, and integrate work and life in a way that empowers you and others. You will report to the Accounting and Consolidations Manager.
What You'll Do
• Prepare reconciliation and GAAP-compliant financial statements
• Manage report scheduling and prepare internal reports for finance leaders
• Help with quality check control over reports issued by the Corporate Finance Department
• Collaborate with finance and operations to prepare forecast analysis and communicate important themes to Finance leaders
• Use Accounting Software, such as Oracle EPM and Workiva, and tools to improve financial processes and reporting
• Support important team projects, such as system upgrades, process improvements and streamlining procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency
• Other special projects, ad hoc requests and projects
What You Bring
• 4+ years of public accounting or equivalent industry experience
• Undergraduate degree, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of US GAAP and familiarity with accounting/reporting research tools
• Experience preparing financial statements and following reporting requirements
• Experience using Excel for lookups, pivots, dashboards, and advanced formulas
• Experience delivering reports and presentations to audiences of finance professionals
• Experience with large-scale ERP, such as Oracle EBS, SAP, or PeopleSoft, and reporting tools, such as Oracle EPM, SmartView, Essbase, or Workiva WDesk
Our Inclusive Benefits:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits, including wellness and healthy lifestyle support, for associates, spouses, domestic partners, and children
• Flexible Spending Account for eligible medical and dependent (day care) expenses and Disability Benefits, including Short-Term Disability providing income replacement up to 26 weeks
• 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave, 2 weeks of Paid Family Leave, and Adoption Support of $10,000
• Paid Time Off, including 6 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 3 volunteer days, 7 sick days, and 2 personal days per full year of service
• Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with NMG matching and $20,000 Term Life Insurance paid by NMG with additional voluntary coverage available
• NMG Associate's Core Discount of 30% with multiple in-store opportunities for an additional 30% off across select brands
• NMG Matching Gift Program up to $2,000 to eligible non-profits, Hardship Assistance Grants up to $7,500 for Associates, and a volunteer opportunity hub through NMG's All Heart Program
• Personal and Professional Development Opportunities with 16,000+ online learning opportunities, including NMG's Fashion Your Future, LinkedIn Learning, MasterClass, BetterUp, Connected Leaders Academy, 9 Associate Community Networks, and additional personalized learning experiences
About Neiman Marcus Group
As one of the largest multi-brand luxury retailers in the U.S., with 3,000+ of the world's most desirable brand partners, we're delivering exceptional products and intelligent services enabled by our investments in data and technology. Through the expertise of our associates, we deliver and scale a personalized luxury experience across our three channels of in-store, eCommerce, and remote selling. Our NMG|Way culture, powered by our people, combines individual talents into a collective strength to make life extraordinary.
As a woman co-founded, majority women-led organization outpacing the U.S. population in racial and ethnic diversity and led by one of corporate America's few openly gay CEOs, Neiman Marcus Group is proud to celebrate associates from different backgrounds, experiences, and communities. We've made it a priority to cultivate a culture where everyone Belongs and where showing up as your full and authentic-self is encouraged.
We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
We're committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our Talent Attraction process. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to us at ApplicantSupport@NeimanMarcus.com .