Staff Accountant, Banking
- Wayne, New Jersey, United States
- Closing date
- 2 Jul 2023
We are looking for a detail-oriented staff accountant to perform accounting duties within our organization. The staff accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, assisting with internal audits, and maintaining GL accounts documentation. You will also be assisting the Analyst as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful as staff accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). An outstanding staff accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
KERING Staff Accountant, Banking
Job Family: Accounting & Consolidation
Job Title: Staff Accountant, Banking
Location: Wayne, NJ
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, and Jewelry: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: "Empowering Imagination."
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Maintain general ledger records to ensure accurate financial results
- Manage a task list to deliver timely in coordination with the rest of the accounting department
- Reconcile accounts by authenticating, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, and addressing discrepancies
- Support financial data with proper documentation
- Prepare analysis and supporting schedules for both internal and external audits
- Comply with legal and company policies
- Any other ad hoc activities as needed
- Assisting the analyst as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with staff members
- Strong organizational and stress management skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Kering Americas Inc.
A world leader in apparel and accessories, Kering develops an ensemble of powerful Luxury and Sport & Lifestyle brands. By ‘empowering imagination’ in the fullest sense, Kering encourages its brands to reach their potential, in the most sustainable manner. Present in more than 120 countries, the Group generated revenues of more than €11.5 billion in 2015 and had more than 38,000 employees at year end.
Talent is craftsmanship that is born when creative geniuses and artisans collaborate. Luxury talent at Kering is about having a bold vision which empowers confidence and creates beauty.
Kering empowers its employees to fulfil their potential and creativity by fostering their skills and performance in the most imaginative and sustainable manner for the long term.
Talent is the energy that powers our Group.
40, rue de Sèvres
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert