Who we are
Coperni is a Parisian ready to wear & accessories brand designed by Arnaud Vaillant and Sébastien Meyer, established in 2013. The brand infuses a thorough knowledge of embroidery techniques, streamlined with a linear sensibility that marries origami-like technique with a neat, ‘sportif’ silhouette. The brand name Coperni was inspired by the works of the mathematician Nicolas Copernicus, who’s research on Heliocentrism inspired the designer’s visual world. The whole model of the movement of the solar system around the sun is what inspired the designers to produce movement and architectural structures into their designs.
Who we're looking for
The Coperni team are looking for a fabric and Trim Developer with an excellent design skillset who will work across all accessories product categories.
What your day to day will look like
• Responsible for sourcing and development of fabrics and trims for women wear and unisex collections four times in a year.
• Working with the Design team to establish seasonal and carryover fabric and trim direction.
• Creating the fabric and trim critical path in line with shows, shoots and selling periods.
• Sourcing and developing new fabrics and trims for each collection.
• Following the building of the collection and reaching to design needs.
• Visiting mills and trade shows to source and develop with key suppliers
• Managing the fabric and trim budget, ordering fabrics and lab dips as needed.
• Working to target prices and fabric in accordance with the collection and merch planning
• Working to achieve sustainability targets within the raw material limit.
• Working on VIP and collaboration fabrics and prints.
• Working on long-lead time fabric and core fabric business with Development and production teams to ensure collection is set up for successful delivery to customers.
• Help with Administrative task when necessary.
• Liaise and collaborate with other teams like design, commercial and production.
What you need to succeed
• 3+ years relevant fabric and trim developer experience
• An eye for aesthetics that match Coperni’s asymmetrical artisanal style with Parisian flair
• Solid understanding of development cycles and critical paths
• Experience working with (ideally in) factories and a detailed understanding of manufacturing techniques.
• Ability to multitask
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm for fashion and creative industries
• Team player who takes initiative and can handle fast paced environment
• Ability to work under pressure and to handle multiple projects.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
• Italian is a big plus
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)